Hacking How to access your Switch's eMMC or microSD card as an USB disk on your PC

xiaohei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I do have a full nand backup. The problem is my switch is already bricked. When I turn it on it auto boots into rcm abnd I do not have autorcm enabled., from hekate if I try to dump my nand it says it can not read the nand any part of it including emmc, if i try to start it from stock it gets stuck on initializing (this is from hekate) becuase my boot sectors got corrupted somehow, but not from this tool and I am not sure how. So i would like to try to restore using memdump and hacdiskmount, but i seem to be having issues with the drive remaining visible on pcand figuring out exactly how to flash it using hacdiskmount

will try with another loader besides tegrasmash

Last edited by xiaohei,

xiaohei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It can load the micro sd from the memdump tool and it does not disappear, I just tried using nxloader because I was using tegrarcmsmash, but it did the same thing. The disk appeared and then disappeared. should i try a different loader besides nxloader and tegra. If it is fried should i even be able to access rcm mode?

xiaohei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thanks everyone for all the help. I will sit tight and hopefully we will get some new tools and be able to solve issues like the one I have.

xiaohei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey, I removed the joycons and now the disk is appearing in disk manager, but not in my computer. it is assigned a drive letter. is there any way to use the hacdiskmount and give it the drive letter?

tried changing the drive letter and it appears then dissapears from my computer but stays in disk management and there is no yellow triangle in device manager. feels like im on to something

Last edited by xiaohei,

xiaohei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Is there a program that can write to emmc from the memory card, like restoring the raw.nand from sd to emmc

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why? I was just downloading it now. [emoji848]

Sent from my Mi Max Prime using Tapatalk

It's really cool how this guy says "never use it" and so when we both ask about he just ignores our posts. Maybe he is just trolling or think he's so damn special and advanced user that don't worths to reply "newcomers" as us.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really cool how this guy says "never use it" and so when we both ask about he just ignores our posts. Maybe he is just trolling or think he's so damn special and advanced user that don't worths to reply "newcomers" as us.
if i had to guess it's because the coder isn't someone reputable and it's not up to date (though it doesn't seem like the latest version of TRS is something you'd necessarily need) and that might be troublesome in the future

Reactions: TamarindoJuice

slickpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can mount which is fine but will you use homebrew menu? Cause to get the launcher to work, you need the jig etc. So essentially this only saves you from pulling your sd card out of switch you still have to do the booting of CFW again after this to get homebrew menu back. Can someone please correct me if I am doing it wrong :P

Barbro66

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks to OP for a very helpful app. Got me out of a tight spot (on holiday; no SD card USB reader and no easy way to get one).

This relies upon having a SD card which you have the right files on so that memloader can read the ini/binary to boot and start serving files over USB. Is there any way that this could work on a freshly formatted blank SD card?

Perhaps a version of memloader could default to serving up the SD card so it wouldn't need any files on the SD card to work? Or could you use --dataini to send a file using tegrarcmsmas? I tried that but i could only send the ini and not the required binary.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Might be a month old thread, but just released v2 of memloader package which has some changes, namely that it will always let you mount the partitions now, even if you mess up their partition table, and the power off timeout has changed from 12s to 4-5s, so you dont have to hold the button as long when quickly accessing the microsd ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks to OP for a very helpful app. Got me out of a tight spot (on holiday; no SD card USB reader and no easy way to get one).

This relies upon having a SD card which you have the right files on so that memloader can read the ini/binary to boot and start serving files over USB. Is there any way that this could work on a freshly formatted blank SD card?

Perhaps a version of memloader could default to serving up the SD card so it wouldn't need any files on the SD card to work? Or could you use --dataini to send a file using tegrarcmsmas? I tried that but i could only send the ini and not the required binary.

you can absolutely launch this and have it work without any microSD inside, check the instructions how to use dataini with TegraRcmSmash (its just TegraRcmSmash.exe memloader.bin --dataini=sample/ums_emmc.ini or similar in the memloader dir)

Last edited by rajkosto,

Bakugo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
Is the write speed on the mounted emmc supposed to be extemely slow with this? I mounted it and made a backup with dd which worked at a reasonable speed and finished in 2 hours, but when I went to restore another backup, the speed was something like 100kbps and I had to use hekate instead.

132ikl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ums_sd.ini isn't working for me. I can boot ums_emmc.ini fine and it does register on my computer, but when running ums_sd.ini I get this:

Read 192 bytes from 'ums_sd.ini', parsing...
LOAD 'PH_0' (uboot/u-boot.elf[0x00010000,0x0006e13f]) -> 0x80100000
....................................................................................................
LOAD 'script' (uboot/ums_sd.scr.img[0x00000000,0x00000000]) -> 0x80100000
..................................................................................................
BOOT section 'ENTRY'
pc=0x80110000​

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, this tool was recommended to me on this post in the newbie thread. I was planning on using 90DNS but the main reason wasn't for anything online or even for the homebrew store, but just to save me from having to eject and put the SD card back in every time I want to transfer files. FTP would be best for me since I don't mind the slower speed, but was told it's best to stay offline.

I'm on 5.1, using NS Atmosphere payload injector and Rainx.

Would this be a good solution for me? Any other advice or anything I should know before I try this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited by Ssseth, , Reason: Turning on email notifications

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.