How to access Switch SD Card without taking it out of the system

PieStudios

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a bit of a problem... I'm at my dad's place trying to put my Shin Megami Tensei V save file on my Switch, but I forgot to bring my SD Card adapter, as my laptop only has a full-size SD Card slot. Since the hacks on my SD Card is out of date, I can't hack the system, everything throws a fit. What can I do?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Goldleaf and explore (Copy, Paste, Delete, Install) the contents of your sd card, or with a USB cable attached to PC, you can access the PC files also, and copy to Switch sd card without removing it. It's a little tricky getting used to the buttons used in Goldleaf, but it works.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you can't put homebrew on the SD, hekate is probably what you want if you already boot using hekate (if not, you need an SD reader to install it too).
I tried and it didn't work, froze windows 7 explorer "doesn't answer" for few minutes, and said driver install failed. maybe it require zadig usb driver? it's not explained, and I don't like messing with drivers.

if you don't have Hekate already on your card, you can try TegraExplorer ? I don't know if it's only a file explorer on the switch, or if it can connect to PC.

HackDiskMount RCM ? this one connects to PC, but it seems it's only for eMMC partition's content. (system, user, etc.)

Don't you have Homebrew appstore on your switch ? if you properly filtered nintendo's URLs to prevent ban, you could download an FTP server to connect to your switch from Wifi.
AMS should add appstore as default bundled homebrew, it could be useful.

It doesn't seem easy to access the SD if you don't already have homebrew or RCM apps on it.

once you have access to the SD, you could try DBI from Homebrew launcher menu, which uses MTP to connect to PC.
it allows you to browse/edit the SD, backup/restore game savegames, also install games directly to SD or NAND by dropping nsp/xpi in a virtual folder, dump game cards, edit gamemods, etc.
https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases/

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)