Hacking How to access Nintendo Network ID settings without updating? - 11.2.0-35

rich6619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

is there any way to access nintendo network ID settings from this firmware without updating ? It prompts me to update when I try. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I do not want to update.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get CFW while you still can, then just update. Why do you not want to?
No, thats not the answer. That's a work-a-round. Besides, he said he didn't want to, so let him be.

OP, if you really wanted to do so, you'll need a few things:

-CTR-HTTPWN.
-Homebrew access. I would recommend Soundhax, but you can use any hax.

So steps are the following: Get into HB, load CRE-HTTPWN, get back into home menu, go to system settings and then NNID settings.

Do all that without rebooting the answer

rich6619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, thats not the answer. That's a work-a-round. Besides, he said he didn't want to, so let him be.

OP, if you really wanted to do so, you'll need a few things:

-CTR-HTTPWN.
-Homebrew access. I would recommend Soundhax, but you can use any hax.

So steps are the following: Get into HB, load CRE-HTTPWN, get back into home menu, go to system settings and then NNID settings.

Do all that without rebooting the answer

Thanks ! Already have homebrew access (using Luma on this one). Reason I was wondering this is because I'm selling to my friend (I have an extra n3ds running Luma as well). So I just wanted to deactivate this one from my account.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I just tried CRE-HTTPWN and get and error when I run it. Reads "Haxx setup failed"

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks ! Already have homebrew access (using Luma on this one). Reason I was wondering this is because I'm selling to my friend (I have an extra n3ds running Luma as well). So I just wanted to deactivate this one from my account.

So I just tried CRE-HTTPWN and get and error when I run it. Reads "Haxx setup failed"
You could just do a system format if you want to get rid of the NNID. Getting into NNID Settings wouldn't actually help you.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So there is no way for me to remove my nnid from the 3ds except by formatting ?
TinyFormat would probably do it. But remember that all your bought content will disappear if you ever enter the eShop or Badge Arcade or update any game or anything that connects to the shop servers.

Formatting then calling Nintendo to remove it would be good
After you format you don't need to call Nintendo to remove it. Unless they know your password and you want to stop them signing back in. In which case you could just change the password.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
After you format you don't need to call Nintendo to remove it. Unless they know your password and you want to stop them signing back in. In which case you could just change the password.
I did format, and my OG NNID is still linked to my old 3DS(which I sold...) And I'm to lazy to call Nintendo xS

rich6619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TinyFormat would probably do it. But remember that all your bought content will disappear if you ever enter the eShop or Badge Arcade or update any game or anything that connects to the shop servers.

Will this remove the Luma, emulators , backups I have on my home menu ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I did format, and my OG NNID is still linked to my old 3DS(which I sold...) And I'm to lazy to call Nintendo xS
It's still linked, but not active. They'd need to know your username, password, and email address if they wanted to sign back in.

If the problem is you don't want them signing into it but you don't want to use it on your own console, change the password.

If the problem is you want to use it on your own console, then do a system transfer. If the console that you want to remove it from is an N3DS and the console you want to move it to is an O3DS, then you'll have to call Nintendo and ask, but they might say no.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Will this remove the Luma, emulators , backups I have on my home menu ?
Yes. Try TinyFormat to keep all your content intact (just beware of any strange behaviour once you connect to the eShop servers for the first time since the format).

I think TinyFormat was created so you didn't have to do that process

rich6619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. Try TinyFormat to keep all your content intact (just beware of any strange behaviour once you connect to the eShop servers for the first time since the format).

I think TinyFormat was created so you didn't have to do that process

Ok, I just want to not loose my installed home menu items. None of them are purchased from the eshop. Just installed .CIA's. So Hopefully Tinyformat does not do this.

So I used TinyFormat. Nothing is on my homescreen anymore, even though it is on my sd card

Any way I can get this all back ??

Last edited by rich6619,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You have to understand that your games are installed on the SD card, not the console. Formatting does not format the SD card, so it cannot remove games. What you formatted were their tickets. You must re-install their tickets for them to show again. I believe you can use Tikshop for this, though there may be other ways I'm not aware of as well.

Also as far as your ID goes if you want to use that ID on your other console then you must call Nintendo. Even though that console can use a different ID now, your old ID cannot be linked to anything else unless you call Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.