How to access Nintendo Network ID settings without updating? - 11.2.0-35

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rich6619, Mar 12, 2017.

1. rich6619
    OP

rich6619 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Canada
    Hey guys,

is there any way to access nintendo network ID settings from this firmware without updating ? It prompts me to update when I try. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I do not want to update.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Get CFW while you still can, then just update. Why do you not want to?

3. maorninja

maorninja GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    No, thats not the answer. That's a work-a-round. Besides, he said he didn't want to, so let him be.

OP, if you really wanted to do so, you'll need a few things:

-CTR-HTTPWN.
    -Homebrew access. I would recommend Soundhax, but you can use any hax.

So steps are the following: Get into HB, load CRE-HTTPWN, get back into home menu, go to system settings and then NNID settings.

Do all that without rebooting the answer

netovsk and MeAndHax like this.
  4. rich6619
    OP

rich6619 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Canada

Thanks ! Already have homebrew access (using Luma on this one). Reason I was wondering this is because I'm selling to my friend (I have an extra n3ds running Luma as well). So I just wanted to deactivate this one from my account.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So I just tried CRE-HTTPWN and get and error when I run it. Reads "Haxx setup failed"

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You could just do a system format if you want to get rid of the NNID. Getting into NNID Settings wouldn't actually help you.

6. rich6619
    OP

rich6619 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Canada
    So there is no way for me to remove my nnid from the 3ds except by formatting ?

7. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Formatting then calling Nintendo to remove it would be good

8. rich6619
    OP

rich6619 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Canada
    ok thanks !

9. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    TinyFormat would probably do it. But remember that all your bought content will disappear if you ever enter the eShop or Badge Arcade or update any game or anything that connects to the shop servers.

After you format you don't need to call Nintendo to remove it. Unless they know your password and you want to stop them signing back in. In which case you could just change the password.

10. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    I did format, and my OG NNID is still linked to my old 3DS(which I sold...) And I'm to lazy to call Nintendo xS

11. rich6619
    OP

rich6619 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Canada

Will this remove the Luma, emulators , backups I have on my home menu ?

12. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It's still linked, but not active. They'd need to know your username, password, and email address if they wanted to sign back in.

If the problem is you don't want them signing into it but you don't want to use it on your own console, change the password.

If the problem is you want to use it on your own console, then do a system transfer. If the console that you want to remove it from is an N3DS and the console you want to move it to is an O3DS, then you'll have to call Nintendo and ask, but they might say no.

13. rich6619
    OP

rich6619 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Canada
  14. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes. Try TinyFormat to keep all your content intact (just beware of any strange behaviour once you connect to the eShop servers for the first time since the format).

I think TinyFormat was created so you didn't have to do that process

15. rich6619
    OP

rich6619 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Canada
    Ok, I just want to not loose my installed home menu items. None of them are purchased from the eshop. Just installed .CIA's. So Hopefully Tinyformat does not do this.

So I used TinyFormat. Nothing is on my homescreen anymore, even though it is on my sd card

Any way I can get this all back ??

Last edited by rich6619, Mar 12, 2017
  16. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    You have to understand that your games are installed on the SD card, not the console. Formatting does not format the SD card, so it cannot remove games. What you formatted were their tickets. You must re-install their tickets for them to show again. I believe you can use Tikshop for this, though there may be other ways I'm not aware of as well.

Also as far as your ID goes if you want to use that ID on your other console then you must call Nintendo. Even though that console can use a different ID now, your old ID cannot be linked to anything else unless you call Nintendo.