Hardware How the Nintendo Switch Online App Could Still Become Great

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The smash 3.0 announcement video was pretty good. A decent amount of content in 15 minutes. Stage builder and Joker are great additions but there's one thing that I'd like to talk about. That would be the NSO app integration for Smash. It was announced that starting tomorrow, you could use the app to find custom videos and stages from users all around the world easily. You could even edit spirit teams on the fly. The best thing about it was how you browsed for stages. If you were scrolling and saw something you liked, all you had to do was tap a button and that stage would start downloading next time you opened Smash.

This way of browsing user created content is amazing. custom smash stages have limited appeal but do you know what everyone would like to have? Mario Maker stages at the press of a button. I think a feature like that in Mario Maker alone would justify downloading the app. The voice chat and match making will never be good on the app but if it can be used a supplement to content offered in games, it could be really big.

That's all I have to say. Just thought it was neat.

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The smash 3.0 announcement video was pretty good. A decent amount of content in 15 minutes. Stage builder and Joker are great additions but there's one thing that I'd like to talk about. That would be the NSO app integration for Smash. It was announced that starting tomorrow, you could use the app to find custom videos and stages from users all around the world easily. You could even edit spirit teams on the fly. The best thing about it was how you browsed for stages. If you were scrolling and saw something you liked, all you had to do was tap a button and that stage would start downloading next time you opened Smash.

This way of browsing user created content is amazing. custom smash stages have limited appeal but do you know what everyone would like to have? Mario Maker stages at the press of a button. I think a feature like that in Mario Maker alone would justify downloading the app. The voice chat and match making will never be good on the app but if it can be used a supplement to content offered in games, it could be really big.

That's all I have to say. Just thought it was neat.
I think that's pretty cool too! My son is a huge smash fan. I think he'd love it for that game alone. I like your Mario maker idea. I hope they implement that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls