How the hell is Melissa McCarthy going to be on Ghostbusters reboot?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by WiiCube_2013, May 21, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    She is an utterly terrible actress with horrible lines and just not interesting at all. Just take her latest movie Spy for example, I watched it today and wow.. the sex jokes were so unpleasant and disgusting to hear yet she keeps landing roles in movies she definitely doesn't deserve. Granted, Spy is a pretty shitty movie but it could have been moderately good had it not been for Melissa McCarthy.

So back to the main question, how did she come around to land a role in the female Ghostbusters reboot film? It just blows my mind as there are far better and actually talented actresses than this turd!

HaloEffect17 and Subtle Demise like this.
  2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Lena Dunham is who I'd want to be in it personally but McCarthy was good in st Vincent

3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    She was good in Saint Vincent? I'd give it a watch but after that pile of trash I'd just be torturing myself. :(

4. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Yeah she was pretty good also even if you don't like her acting in it you have glorious bill Murray to drown out your pain ;)

5. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's not that I don't like her her acting is just obnoxiously awful or just about mediocre (Identity Thief).

6. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    "how did she come around to land a role in the female Ghostbusters reboot film?"

she was the only one they could find to fit into the stay puft sailor suit

7. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    I agree I mean I don't care for her work but still there are better tbh

8. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    That's funny but I just realised it. Paul Feig is also directing the Ghostbusters movie so this pretty much means it'll be a pile of shit. If there's anyone worse than M. Night Shymalan then that's Paul Feig.

Expect gross sex jokes and cursing in this upcoming Ghostbusters 2016 flick.

Oh well there's always Batman Vs. Superman to look forward to which I'll definitely pay to watch at a cinema on a huge ass screen.

9. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Paul Feig's the reason. He has to be: Bridesmaids, Spy, The Heat, all those PF films have Melissa McCarthy. He must have a raging hard-on for her, I notice in the films there are other returning actors, playing minor roles. I don't mind her really, the breakthrough in Bridesmaids was great, but she basically plays the same character, and thus it depends on who her co-star is, and how he/she coexists with her, that can make or break her. Spy, I would watch solely for Jason Statham.

As for Ghostbusters. I'm not an 80s kid, so I am at no risk to have my childhood crushed at the reboot. I saw the first two films as an adult, but doesn't change the fact that they're great films. The all female casting idea bounced around for years, so it's nice it will finally come to fruition...but then I read a male version will also be made. That makes me more annoyed than whatever the female movie will have, because it just shows cold feet, playing it too safe because for some stupid reason, an all female cast is just taboo. I heard the cast for the female version yesterday: Kristen Wiig, McCarthy, and two SNL cast members, who I don't know. The first name, I'll bite, the second name, alright. I was just thinking that Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon, fill in the other 2 roles, or Tina Fey and Amy Poehler (Egon and Ray respectively).

10. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    i wouldnt use harsh criticism like that but i do agree she isnt too funny. i saw tammy, that was AWFUL.

11. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Poehler and fey would be great but to bad it will never happen

Or she tries to hard to be funny which is a sin in comedy

Subtle Demise likes this.
  12. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    He as well as other cameos are the reason why the film isn't utterly garbage, just to name them here's the list:

- Morena Baccarin
    - Zach Woods
    - Peter Serafino

There was also Jude Law, Rose Byrne and Jason Statham but they were main characters.

I have to say that if it wasn't for Melissa McCarthy's terrible & disgusting script and Miranda Hart (Nancy) that this movie could have very well been great.

I agree, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler would be absolutely ideal choices over McCarthy but it's probably not gonna happen. :(

It becomes painful to watch her trying to be funny. It's just so embarrassing. :([/quote]

Subtle Demise likes this.
  13. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    they are filming this shit in my town , at my old HS i think

14. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Hollywood, ruining old movies be rebooting them as pieces of shit one series at a time. First Poltergeist now this.