how the heck do I play this SNES rom hack on 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TyDye, Aug 21, 2018.

1. TyDye
    OP

TyDye Nintendo 3DS Geek

Apr 22, 2016
    United States
    Milky Way Galaxy
  2. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Lots of ROM hacks don't work with the official Nintendo VC emulator. Try injecting it in NSUI as a Snes9x forwarder, or one of the other options.

3. TyDye
    OP

TyDye Nintendo 3DS Geek

Apr 22, 2016
    United States
    Milky Way Galaxy
    well it needs a 6mb base file but the normal base ROM is only 4MB how do I extend it?
    (also another place says it needs a "no intro" so how do I remove the intro)

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    You first checked that the rom hack works on the desktop version of snes9x? If it does but SNES VC injection doesn't cut it, try Bubble's snes9x_3ds emulator.

5. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Did you first get the ROM hack working on a PC emulator? That's the first step in making an inject.

6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Do they offer an md5 hash check for if you're using the correct rom? It's best to test things on a conventional pc or android emulator before trying the 3ds.

7. Fusion Luigi

Fusion Luigi Pun Master/Loser

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Warp Zone
    From a guy who has used SMWCentral since a kid, all you need to do is use Lunar Expand to extend the rom to 6 MB and then patch it with a .bps patcher. If you go to their tools section you can find tools for patching. Make sure you have a clean Super Mario World (U)! rom though. It's best to run the rom using Snes9X as some roms do need the SuperFX/SA-1 chip which VC doesn't support.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  8. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    "No Intro" roms are verified good dumps of games, not games with intros removed. The reason they are called "No Intro" is because they originally only had GBA rom checksums available, and if you've ever downloaded GBA games you may have noticed that some had additional intros that were added by whoever dumped the game. Verifying your rom against the No Intro database could prove that your rom was a totally clean dump of the cart without anything extra added in.

tl;dr No Intro roms are a 100% clean dump of the original cart.