1. TyDye

OP TyDye Linux and 3DS geek

United States
  2. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    Lots of ROM hacks don't work with the official Nintendo VC emulator. Try injecting it in NSUI as a Snes9x forwarder, or one of the other options.

3. TyDye

OP TyDye Linux and 3DS geek

United States
    well it needs a 6mb base file but the normal base ROM is only 4MB how do I extend it?
    (also another place says it needs a "no intro" so how do I remove the intro)

4. TurdPooCharger

United States
    You first checked that the rom hack works on the desktop version of snes9x? If it does but SNES VC injection doesn't cut it, try Bubble's snes9x_3ds emulator.

5. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    Did you first get the ROM hack working on a PC emulator? That's the first step in making an inject.

6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

United States
    Do they offer an md5 hash check for if you're using the correct rom? It's best to test things on a conventional pc or android emulator before trying the 3ds.

7. Fusion Luigi

Fusion Luigi Pun Master/Loser

United States
    From a guy who has used SMWCentral since a kid, all you need to do is use Lunar Expand to extend the rom to 6 MB and then patch it with a .bps patcher. If you go to their tools section you can find tools for patching. Make sure you have a clean Super Mario World (U)! rom though. It's best to run the rom using Snes9X as some roms do need the SuperFX/SA-1 chip which VC doesn't support.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  8. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    "No Intro" roms are verified good dumps of games, not games with intros removed. The reason they are called "No Intro" is because they originally only had GBA rom checksums available, and if you've ever downloaded GBA games you may have noticed that some had additional intros that were added by whoever dumped the game. Verifying your rom against the No Intro database could prove that your rom was a totally clean dump of the cart without anything extra added in.

tl;dr No Intro roms are a 100% clean dump of the original cart.

Draft saved Draft deleted