Gaming How the heck did my 3DS updated itself from 4.0 to 5.0 firmware???

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS also updated somehow. I wasn't on firmware 4.0 I was on one of the latest ones, but I accidentally hit 'OK' at the update screen and it opened up the message saying do you accept the terms and stuff, i pressed decline. I turned off my 3ds later and turned it back on. It was on the latest firmware and my dstwo wasnt working (luckily there was an update for it)

miggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I never knew this could happen. My 3ds always ask me if i want to update and i always decline. Now i'm going to read the manual so it doesn't update my system automatically.

Onslawt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding this... I bought a 3DS for the first time about a week ago, turned it on, immediately switched off Wi-Fi, verified it was 4.4 then I went to parental controls and turned on almost all the options. I tried going into the wireless settings but I believe it asked me to accept some terms or something before I could even go in there so I never accepted due to the fear that it would somehow trigger an update. Am I protected from updates by just the parental control thing/turning off Wi-Fi or should I accept the terms and go into the options for more stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.