How the heck did I get 100 StreetPass Mii's?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ComeTurismO, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I'm new to the system, and I'm confused. I got 11 people tagged, but when I tagged somebody yesterday. my Plaza gate had 100 mii's in there. I was shocked. All of them were tagged 3 days ago, but I had my 3DS off for the whole day.
    WATS GOING ON>?

2. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Certain games, like Mario Kart 7, will FLOOD your plaza with Miis. You were probably playing one of those games.

3. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Ohh, thanks, I didn't know about this, haha.
    Mario Kart 7 is the reason.

4. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    Theres a cap at 10 people you can physically streetpass in one sweep so it was probably through an online game where you met that many mii's

5. elisherer

elisherer I ♥ 3DS

Dec 16, 2009
    Iceland
    3dbrew.org
    Actually SpotPass.

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yeah, that happened to me too the first time I played MK7 :P I think Kid Icarus might do this too, but I'm not really sure.

7. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Yep, its mario kart. I have like 700 mii's in my plaza and i was on it yday to check how many i actually met in legit streetpass and it was 17 haha

8. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!
    If a wi-fi game involves using your miis data in anyway, like MK7 using your Mii as a racer or KI:U using you Mii to determine your fighter's color in FFA, it will download that miis data to your 3DS. If you set Spotpass on in Street pass plaza it will show up there. An easy way to determine if a game is going to dump mii data, is to look for the Nintendo Network logo on it since games that use that system are usually intergrated with most of the 3DS services (DLC, communities, in-game friends lists, etc.)

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Or LegendaryGamer was having a Legendary time at the local primary school. :creep:

Now, I ain't sayin' it outloud... but we're thinking about it, all of us. :creep:

pokefloote likes this.
  10. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    it's a shame you can't use those miis on streetpass quest or puzzle, you could complete the whole game multiple times over :)