How the great game franchises shall end?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sir-Fritz, May 23, 2008.

May 23, 2008
  1. Sir-Fritz
    OP

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    In generations to come what shall happen to all the great video game franchise? I'm not thinking the games with only a few sequels, but ones like Mario, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Zelda etc that have a huge amount of games. Whats your opinion on the matter?

1. Name a franchise
    2. How far in the future do you think it shall end?
    3. What do you think the reason would be?
    4. Do you think the series will finish on a high note (ie. i great last game)?

2. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Sonic
    3D/guns/shadow
    nope

3. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    Series like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon will never ends. As long as they can makes millions with them, they won't stop making them to make more money.

4. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    Pokemon
    Repitition, digi-pokemon
    No. it will have one really super hyped game that will fail.

5. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    Mario,Zelda,Metroid shall never die

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I thought Sonic died around the end of 05.

7. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    No he died in 2004..I will always miss the games like sonic&knucles and sonic the hegehog cd

8. VBKirby

Member VBKirby GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Donkey Kong
    Whenever the next Donkey Kong Game comes out.
    Reason being that there hasn't been any good platformers since the Donkey Kong Country games.
    The series will end with another Donkey Konga game, thus ending on a bad note.

I also think Star Fox will end fairly soon if they don't get their act together about what type of game they want the series to be.

Seriously, how many franchises ended on a good note? They end when they get lousy. Or sometimes they get lousy and still won't end.
    Lots of people (at least on the forums I've been to) use Mega Man as an example of "lousy but won't end"

9. Venko

Member Venko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    1. Chrono Series
    2. 15th August, 2000
    3. Square Enix are stupid idiots who don't realise how popular the series is
    4. Chrono Cross went alright so, yeah, I guess it did. Shame about Chrono Brake being cancelled though.

10. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    mario
    after my great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grandson gets bored with it
    because of the luigi revolution
    it will end with simultaneous release of hi def virtual reality versions of smash bros,mario kart,rpg,a dance dance mix,ultra paper mario,tennis,hoops,and the latest platformer mario universe,then after all of them lose popularity

luigi's series of games begins which will last up when my great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grandson's great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grandson gets bored with it

in which time bowser will get his very own video games rated AO for mature violence, rape, and all those things GTA style

11. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    The Legend of Zelda
    Nintendo somehow has realized that the game was talking about Link, not Zelda, thus the game becomes The Legend of Link, thus correcting their mistake for the past years
    The Legend of Zelda is a good game, although repetitive, it won't get low notes, but won't get hhg notes either

12. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Oh yeah?

Pokemon
    When the makers of the game start forgetting the Pokemon, because there are so damn many of them. Last counted at over 2000. So they just gave up...
    Yeah, with Pokemon Ultra-Violet and Infra-Red, the ultimate Pokemon games. Each have 1000 pokemon with 40 badges to collect over 5 regions. Ends with a battle with Ash, who FINALLY has evolved his Pikachu into a Raichu.

13. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Nintendo knows how to handle their franchises.. they take their time to make a new game and always deliver something good.. I believe they'll end only when Miyamoto dies.. which will also be the end of Nintendo [​IMG]

14. cosmo2389

Member cosmo2389 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thought I love Kingdom Hearts, I do think that the storyline is bordering on... Well too many different plots, few of which have had any answers, ya know?

So...

1. Kingdom Hearts
    2. 2058
    3. Because Tetsuya Nomura will die, leaving almost all the questions unanswered because he never told anyone the plot of the game outside the current iteration.
    4. Maybe, because fans will make it be... Otherwise with the newest Souless and Loveless enemies introduced into the series, all hope will decimated, but somehow Sora and company will still survive, so Squeenix can make another dollar...

Oh yeah, the name of the last game will be... Kingdom Hearts 8: Another Friend, Another Mystery...
    (I say 8 because at the rate of about four years per game, that gives us about 12... But then there are other unnumbered spinoffs, so I knocked it down four years.)

15. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    You think that's bad? IIRC there were over 1000 different digimon after only being out for a couple years.

16. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Serious? [​IMG]
    No wonder Digimon died so quickly. It was such a blatant copy of Pokemon though, that hardly anyone watched it or collected the cards. I guess that's what's to blame. Well, I reckon Pokemon will die from over-population at some point. They need to concentrate on what they've got already.

17. SpiritBoy

Member SpiritBoy GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    How the hell is Digimon a copy of Pokemon?
    Seriously, don't say things without anything to back you up. The only thing I can think that is common for both Digimon and Pokemon is that both names end with -mon and they both 'evolve' (Even though the evolving concept is different in Digimon and Pokemon too)

Mario Kart will die when they make Mario Kart - Generation XXIV. Hopefully.

18. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well the first Digimon product was out in 1997, the first Pokemon 1998. Even then there were other "brands" that were the same before those.

EDIT: No that's wrong, Pokemon 1995

And onto the thread:

Mega-Man
    Too many spin offs, not one matching the greatness of the original games
    Not with those Starforce games.

19. Commander

Member Commander GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Any Nintendo Franchise.
    In a couple of millennia.
    You can only milk something so much.
    No it won't they shall burn.

Damn, Not So Super Anymore Mario 81362: Fix The Plumbing Before Turtle Penguins Bite Of Your Left Hand In 5 Seconds While Dressed As Ballerina/Rockstar - That game was a con, stick it where the Mario Sunshine don't shine. [​IMG]

~ Commander