How sure can we be that Adrenaline (PSPINstaller) will have good compatibility w/ PSP games?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Subscriber0101, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Subscriber0101
    OP

Subscriber0101 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    USA
    The implications of having Adrenaline, a PSP emulator on my PSTV (which I, beautifully, snagged for $30) are huge. Every Vita game, every PSP game, and possibly every PS1 game, on my system at once? It's mind-boggling.

What do you guys think about how compatible Adrenaline will be? Think it'll run any PSP game well? It sounds like kind of a tall order.

By the way, speaking of PSP games, are there any plans to make PSN-downloaded PSP games dumpable and re-installable w/ HENKaku?

2. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Adrenaline is not a PSP emulator. As far as I'm aware, it is an eCFW for the ePSP that already exists in the PS Vita/TV. With a few improvements since it was hacked from the native side.

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    It'll be the same as TN-V/ARK/TN-X/whatever previous eCFW.

The Vita just sets itself into PSP mode from that point on, so there's 99 to 100% compatibility.

4. kftX

kftX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    If you want good PSP/PSX emulation on a TV why just not snag a decent Android device and play using PPSSPP/ePSXe (or something) and enjoy not horribly pixelated games with graphics filters to make them look decent instead of the horrible mess that the eCFW is?

5. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    It will do all TNV/TNX does and some more. It will be fully compatible (or as compatible as TNV/TNX is. They have hard time running about 0,001% percent of the games)

6. Subscriber0101
    OP

Subscriber0101 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    USA
    I already own a PC that can run PSP games just fine, but it would be more fun to play them on a big screen. Idk why but it's more psychologically charming to play them on a PSTV.

Anyway, so about what gnm and Dinoh said: you'll have to explain it to me lol because I know next to nothing about pre-HENKaku vita hacks.

So, ePSP is a PSP emulator already within the Vita/PSTV that is used to play downloaded PSP games. Yeah?

And will we be able to play any PSP .iso and .cso we want with this hack?

And what exactly is eCFW? Sorry, I'm kind out of the loop on ths TN-V stuff lol

7. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    yes. the ePSP is the PSP emulator inside the PSV/TV. An eCFW is a CFW for the ePSP. Yes, you'll be able to play iso/cso games.

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    As mentioned, the actual emulator being used is Sony's own emulator they use to run PSP games on the Vita. The emulator Sony uses is essentially the very basics needed to run PSP games (so no XMB menu or anything). What eCFW does is essentially takes that emulator and inserts a full CFW into it, allowing it to essentially function as a normal PSP with CFW (though some eCFW, like ARK, can't get a full XMB menu going and has to use it's own, but that won't be the case here).

PS1 emulation is a little more iffy, at least when it comes to PSP mode. This is because PSP mode would attempt to use hardware not present in the Vita (a sound chip, in this case). There was a "PS1" exploit that got us access to perfect sound, and before that there were some iffy audio attempts as well. But, according to TheFlow anyways, that won't be a problem. This is mostly because we have a full kernel exploit for the Vita, so we can do a bit more in terms of exploits than we could beforehand.

Whether PS1 support will be 100% is, at this time, unknown, but I think it's more than likely it'll work just fine.

satan89 and gnmmarechal like this.