Hacking How should I transfer my SD content to a bigger SD (rxtools)

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed emunand by fomatting with gateway launcher and following all the steps to rx tools and menuhax but i did it on a 16gb and it took very little time to be full, i have a 64gb sd card i would like to use instead.
Is there a tool to transfer all the process without any loss?
Or do i simply only format the 64gb with gateway and drag and drop all the files to the new empty partition?

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create an emunand on the 64gb with gateway launcher. Create an emunand dump from your 16gb, backup all the files to pc, then use emuNAND Tool v1.03 to write 16gb emunand to the 64gb. Copy everything back from pc to 64gb, done. You have to have any emunand partition on the 64gb otherwise emuNAND tool wont write to it.

Last edited by lithium210,

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does exfat work with 3ds? because windows only suggest formating ntfs or exfat with my 64gb before i use another tool

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If i format my lexar 64gb with aomei to fat32 what cluster size should i select, does it matter?

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the emunand dump is the backup you do with gateway and ends up being named NAND.BIN right? Its that file that emunandtool 1.0.3 will use?

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format your 64gb with "fat32format-gui" (fat32). Only worked for me in windows 8, wouldnt work in 10, kept saying the sd was in use. When you first use gateway launcher, nand.bin is your sysnand backup. Use a tool to dump your emunand.bin from your 16gb to add to the 64gb. You can use gateway launcher, rxtools or even emuNAND9 (what i use, dont confuse it with the emunand tool).

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i succeeded thanx a bunch, now i have two questions left
1 - How can i put a cartridge came on the sd drive, to have it on my rx cfw dashboard and play without the cartridge (hopefully with the savegame)
2 - Can i boot directly to rxtool by pressing L + power (i followed the big rxtools tutorial and the purple menu displays the message : err: couldn't load arm 9 payload.
I have rxTools-3.0_Alpha1 installed, and tried generating a firmware to a more recent nightly build and no file appeared, som people say this error is fixed with newer builds. if not i would like to find that "arm 9" file

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create an emunand on the 64gb with gateway launcher. Create an emunand dump from your 16gb, backup all the files to pc, then use emuNAND Tool v1.03 to write 16gb emunand to the 64gb. Copy everything back from pc to 64gb, done. You have to have any emunand partition on the 64gb otherwise emuNAND tool wont write to it.
I wonder if emunand9 does this any better since it can backup/restore emunand. Even has the ability to unmount the SD anytime durinig the app so you can swap sd cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.