PS1/2 How should I burn a PSX game?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, I was wondering how cna I get my hands on ol' good PSX games (Tomba, Team Buddies, Final Fantasy Tactics) and luckily, my friend lent me one of his hard drives, truns out there's some PSX games inside for his PSP.

Problem is everything's EBOOT.PBP, not ISO, and ePSXe can't read a .pbp file.

I somehow managed to get a Castlevania SotN for PS2, yes for PS2, somehow the pirate burnt it into a DVD, and it won't work with my PSX, but is smooth with my PS2
tongue.gif
I wanna try the same damn thing, since my PSX is now with my sister, and I have the PS2 (we live seperately)

Now, with only EBOOT.PBP, I don't quite understand how should I burn it into a DVD, should I burn it just like that(just the EBOOT.PBP)? Or should I do something beforehand?(maybe find some files or patch it or something?)

Thanks

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ah, thanks... I'll try this
smile.gif

EDIT: Not working :\ ePSXe can't emulate the ISO extracted, also when I mount it to DAEMON Tools, Windows said it's corrupted, what should I do? I used Team Buddies, and ePSXe 1.6.0 in case it's not compatible

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, and I did it thrice, the result is the same, Windows said it's either corrupted, or is not in a recognized format, while ePSXe do nothing but showing me black screen

@Gore: Yeah, I know :/ thing is, I want to play it on my PS2, as I don't have PSP (well, I do now, until the end of this month that is, he'll take it back after this month :\)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I can't believe it, I tried to do some search by myself and I ended up with the same thing: popstrip 0.3, unless mine is attached, and yours seem to be a direct download
blink.gif

Awww, and they want me to register? Okay, fine I'll waste some of your database space.....

EDIT: It works! The GUI one sucks but the non GUI one is a yes yes! ePSXe detects it and plays it, now the only problem would be, do I have to do somehting to the ISO before I burn it to a DVD?

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't make since to burn a PSX game to a DVD, because the PlayStation itself never used that format.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
what's a CDDA? Well, I got the idea from my Castlevania game, it was burnt onto a DVD (i know it since it's a pirated game) and it works wonders on my PS2, however, with a CD Castlevania my PS2 can't recognize it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/