How satisfied are you with your...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DeepFriedAsian, Feb 21, 2007.

Feb 21, 2007
  1. DeepFriedAsian
    OP

Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, I think "Flashing Hardware" is the correct term for it...

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with my M3 DS Simply, I can use "backups":rolleyes: of my games on it so I don't really need to bring a bunch of game cards around everywhere. Also, the homebrew is awesome. I'm in love with PicoDrive. The video and music capabilites are awesome as well.

So, how do you feel about all the flashing hardware you have? [​IMG]

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I would say I am quite happy with it. As long as it does what I want it to do (currently good, except that I don't have my DS atm) its fine [​IMG]

3. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    Well, I have 3 flashcards.

SC MiniSD:
    I bought it almost a year ago. It plays NDS games just fine (although Castlevania DoS intro lags, but I have an original cart, so I don't care). It has probs with GBA, but it IS the best flashcard for homebrew. I still use my SC for R3IN, NesDS, Doom, Heretic and Hexen.

DS-X:
    It's the first PROPER Slot-1 flashcard and has a lot of nice features. It IS a bit TOO fancy with all that LEDs and uber-skins. Also, I was a bit dissapointed by a build-quality, it's shit. The plastic looks and feels too fragile. I got a 3rd batch one and the build quality still isn't perfect. I didn't encounter any probs with it though. It may look fragile, but I used it quite a lot, with no probs at all, no "paper tricks" or whatever. The compatibility with the latest firmware is 100% and it has the best download play support. The built-in memory is fast enough, but there's still some lags in Metroid Pinball for example, I assume, it can be fixed by firmware updates. The built-in memory didn't bother me at first, but now they say that soon there will be much bigger games released. So, it's not that "future-proof" card, as they claimed. Oh, well. Another good thing about this flashcard is that it has an uber advanced OS, that even allows to write applications for it. The card has potential, it really DOES extend capabilities of your NDS.

R4:
    Well, seeing how popular it got and that it's REALLY cheap, I decided to buy one. I got it just a week ago. And it IS awesome. So far, it's the best flashcard I've ever had. The build quality is amazing, the card feels so strong. Some card have probs with the spring though, but in most cases it can be easily fixed. The other bad thing is an included microSD reader. It WILL fry your card. There are different versions of it (according to the batch), but they're all faulty. I was aware of it, and didn't use it at all. I have a built-in SD reader in my laptop, so I use it. Well, aside from this the card itself is amazing, it plays everything, no slowdowns even on shitty microSD cards. It's easy to use, you don't need to mess with savetypes like on acecard or supercard ds. The OS IS fast, atleast in comparison to DS-X, I got tired of that loading screens on DS-X. Also, somehow R4 kills health screen, I mean it skips the health screen itself, you don't need to push any button. Also, it boots ANY Slot-2 solution, DS-X didn't support many popular ones, you had to mess with homebrew loaders in order to boot M3 or G6. Also, the skinning is damn TOO easy. You just make 4 bmps and that's all. All in all, it does what it's supposed too - it plays NDS games almost perfectly, it's like a customizable original cart. No LEDs or laggy OS filled with showy skins or any of that bullshit.

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I have my R4 DS for 2 days now, and I'm very impressed. Its very easy to use, Ive already skinned it, put some music on it, emulators and homebrew games. They all worked and were very easy to install, just download it and maybe patch it with DLDI, but thats no problem for me [​IMG]

Really nice thingy, highly recommended.

5. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    entirely satisfied with my R4, works like a charm

6. Modrak

Member Modrak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    I had Supercard Lite and I've been really pissed about the converting (no PC at home, just Macs) so I had to ask friends or copy the game over to Windows server and convert them via RDP...
    Sometimes, it just didn't read the microSD card, you had to put it in and out for many times, blow into the slot, rub the card. Real magic, I'm glad I got myself R4. That thing is amazing, I got 4 others for my friends who have been scared of running backups and homebrew because of all the stuff I had to do with the supercard.

R4, rock on ! [​IMG]

7. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    i had:

M3 MiniSD
    build quality was very good, felt solid. i had no games that were not supported at that time. i had to sell it because i needed money ;-/

EZ4 lite compact
    a friend of mine bought me one of these babies bc i had no flashcard (how nice of him, its good to have friends). the build quality was inferior to the m3 but still very good. it bugged me that you cant play gba games on it, but i encountered only problems with one or two nds games (sound glitches in hotel dusk e.g.) but overall compatibility was good. sold in order to get an R4DS

present setup:

R4DS (bought as bundle with G6LITE)
    the build quality is GREAT. Feels like a real card BUT with microsd slot in order to change content AND capacity easily.
    to date i had no problems of any sort, no incompatible games, the spring which loads the microsd cards works good, no slowdowns. everything works PERFECT. i was a little bit disappointed in the menu though which cannot be operated 100% with the stylus, but thats a softwareproblem and i guess they will fix this in later revisions of the firmware. i love the R4DS.

G6LITE
    the build quality is on par with R4DS. The games load not so fast as on the R4DS, but no incompatible games either. it plays gba games near perfectly , got the real time clock, the menu can be operated 100% with the stylus.
    i love this card too.

i am very sattisfied with my flashcard solutions and i think to date there is no better combination than those two great cards.

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    EZ2 256, the thing that kickstarted it all. A solid cart with my only regret being not forking out for the larger space (and buying from linker4u).

EZ4 Original, Another solid cart, GBA and DS above and beyond what I cared for. Now given to my little brother. My only regret was paying way over the odds for a generic 512 miniSD

EZ4 lite, sent to me by the EZTeam/sosuke. What I use to this day and microsd aside is the same as my EZ4. Now DLDI came along it plays homebrew well (very few authors compiled for the EZ4 prior) and it good for programming and rom hacking and ease of use.

Future
    DS slot carts still seem far too hyped for my liking and GBA slot are in my opinion still superior (I have to patch big whoop, it is no more difficult than saving a document as another format). Maybe if a cart supports the new large size "microSD" then something may happen.

9. clivefrog

Newcomer clivefrog Advanced Member

I have a g6 lite 4gb for my phat ds and it has worked flawlessly since the day I got it. The small memory size doesn't really bother me that much as most of my playing is done at home near a pc. If I'm out and about or travelling without a pc I can load stuff onto my Iriver h340 and plug in the g6 burner and dump it straight across. The game compatibility is superb, the only game that didn't work until a new update was tony hawk downhill jam. All in all a great cart even if a little pricey.

10. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    At this point in time, I only have an SCminiSD, but I was disappointed with the slowdowns in GBA games. Why couldn't they have spent the extra few pennies to have faster memory in it that could actually handle the games it was designed to run? Unacceptable. [​IMG]

I have an R4DS coming either today or tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be happier with that. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

11. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Recently got an R4DS too (Valentine's [​IMG] ) and it's great. It's the thing that made me crawl back into this place. [​IMG]
    After browsing too I had to hunt down a Toshiba 1GB microSD (they're on sale too in HK! [​IMG] so I got 2 and one 512MB for my phone...).

(Off-topic: Since my Kingston 1GB microSD (Taiwan [​IMG]) is kinda useless now, is it good enough for the SuperCard Slot-2 thing?)

12. joe_gamer

Member joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Got a R4 and I love it! It's so simple to use, now I'm thinking about getting a slot2 card [​IMG]

13. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    R4 works like a charm, no problems except on mine kingmax microsd card.

14. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    G6 Lite 4Gb pwns ur lif3 n00bz!!! Sweet controls, dont give a flying flapjack bout the space. the only thing that pisses me off is the converter!!! ITS NOT n00b PROOF!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

15. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    I have a Supercard Lite at the moment, and previously had a Supercard SD. I still have an EZ-Flash 1 256 Mb, and I had an EZ3, but Earthbound from these forums ran off with it (bastard). I also had/have some crappy GBA cart I don't remember the name, and it was so lame that I lost it cause I never used it.

Supercard Lite - IMO, people cry too much about the GBA on Supercards. I've never had a problem with any of my GBA faves, that is, untill this damn 1.7 firmware showed up and broke saving for GBA. But that's temporary and has a work arround. See my topic on it here.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=44654&hl=

For DS games, the cart works awesome. Boo hoo you have to patch it, but that takes a whole second or two, and then it works just fine. Homebrew works awesome too, so I don't see any point in getting any other card, especially a slot-1. I just don't understand why you'd want to close off the option of GBA roms/homebrew.

16. M3LV1N

Member M3LV1N GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm currently using a Supercard Lite, and I do not use it for GBA. Not that I don't want to, it's just that I find it to be very unreliable. My saves after alot of progress just wouldn't work. It is just too much work. I'm thinking of getting an EZV with an expansion pack for the gba side of things.

17. HUmar104

Newcomer HUmar104 Member

United States
    ehh i dont have any problems with my SC Lite.
    GBA Saves work just fine. Only problem is sometimes i have to restart the GBA games sometimes or they freeze midgame.
    I really like the SC Lite, only thing is it was quite expensive...especcially now compared to Slot 1 x.x

18. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm still using the M3 minisd. Works great for me, and until I see a real good reason to buy a slot one, I'll stick with it. I'd need more than the fact that it doesn't stick out to move me over.

19. gr33dy

Member gr33dy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why are you always yelling!!!!!!!!!!????????

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. bl21

Newcomer bl21 Advanced Member

United States
    my R4 works great for me. I am 100% happy so far.