How safe is the email you're sending?

How do you feel when you feel send email messages?

• I don't think much about it, I just do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel pretty safe, nothing's going to happen.

• Sending an email doesn't really feel safe.

• Total voters

tylerxian

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to do this for a finals project at school and I've been wondering about these two questions for a while now, so it's like knocking two birds with one stone. Please vote in this poll and be honest. I have two days before I have to turn these results in. Thanks everyone!

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't ever send e-mail...and if I do it's just a link to something else or a recipe...I just send it...I really don't think anyone cares about my e-mail...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly send email to myslef, if I find an interesting article when in school or at another computer...

If I want to talk to friends, I usually do that over an instant message.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't send e-mail except for E-Cards to my long distance sweetheart, and hackers do not want to hear such racy stuff, it's rated XXXX yeah it's that bad. Everything else is done by Facebook or web cam (only for my GF).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a comment but "No, it doesn't matter to me, no one's going to hack me." strongly implies it is your computer/home network that is the problem- between IMAP, webmail/web gateways and even plain old POP3 servers your home computer is one of the last things I would try to hit if I cared about your email (depending on the timeframe).

Anyhow to answer the question anything secure that I will not do in person will be compressed, encrypted outside the email and distributed any number or ways I care to think of- while I rarely have great use for secure communications I always make sure me and mine have such provisions.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
E-mail needs to be taken out as a form of communication, it's 80's technology.

Somebody post their e-mail address, and I'll send you a message from yourself.

Until I check the headers and the routing information, at which point your elaborate plan will unravel.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I almost never use email any more. SMS or IM, really, if I'm not signing up for something, and even then I have a separate address. (No, not for here, though. Mostly sites that send me a plethora of ads.)

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally must use email alot! Being at university, I'm often emailing about random assessments or subject related material! So for me, email is certainly not outdated! I'm not sure I could really cope without it? It'd be so creepy having the phone numbers of academic staff so... yeah. I'm really quite surprised many of you don't use emails? I guess it's not important in terms of what you're doing atm lol.

I'm not sure I like the poll questions though? They don't take into account the nature of the email? For example, I don't care if someone tries to hack into my email about... correct essay formatting. But then I suppose the option

'I don't think much about it, I just do it.'

covers this... I just find the questions a bit iffy, especially if you're basing a project on it?
Lol I apologise if this puts you on a downer. I don't mean to, I'm just giving my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)