Hacking How safe is it to go online with a modified ACNH save?

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello! I would like to use ACNH's modified save (For example, NHSE-edited saves, item creation, copy, etc.) online What is the probability of being banned if I modify the save using a CFW switch and use online from SYSAND (using GC)?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I would like to use ACNH's modified save (For example, NHSE-edited saves, item creation, copy, etc.) online What is the probability of being banned if I modify the save using a CFW switch and use online from SYSAND (using GC)?

Depends upon what you have edited. ACNH bans are different than console bans. They watch for unnatural changes between your save files and ban your ACNH account. Any Cheating Online can get you banned.

Are you going online with a CFW Switch with a Glitch Chip without an Emunand? Not sure what’s going on here. Can you please provide more context?

Going online with CFW won;t get you banned in and of itself. It’s the other stuff that you might have done that will get you banned.

Reactions: nscf

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Depends upon what you have edited. ACNH bans are different than console bans. They watch for unnatural changes between your save files and ban your ACNH account. Any Cheating Online can get you banned.

Are you going online with a CFW Switch with a Glitch Chip without an Emunand? Not sure what’s going on here. Can you please provide more context?

Going online with CFW won;t get you banned in and of itself. It’s the other stuff that you might have done that will get you banned.
I installed cfw on an unpatched switch and what I want is to use created and copied items online. I didn't create emunand and I didn't install nsp, xci

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed cfw on an unpatched switch and what I want is to use created and copied items online. I didn't create emunand and I didn't install nsp, xci
Great. So unless you plan on changing your avatar or cheating in an Online game or have known piracy homebrew tools on your main page, and have not done any of these things in the past, the console is on the low end of risk. The tough part from my end is being 100% sure you haven’t missed anything…which I can’t. So you’re going to have to accept the results of your decision to take a hacked switch online knowing the risk is greater than zero. Nobody else can accept that risk for you and tell you you that you will be 100% safe.

Here’s a thread that talks more about the risks:

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

Best of luck to you in your decision.

KacyRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What changes in ACNH count as Unnatural? Is there a way to transfer an island modified with a save editor from a CFW switch to an OLED without triggering a ban if nothing that isnt possible in the base game was done?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What changes in ACNH count as Unnatural? Is there a way to transfer an island modified with a save editor from a CFW switch to an OLED without triggering a ban if nothing that isnt possible in the base game was done?
I have been going online with a full flat island, without a piece of water, so mostly everything it's safe

Reactions: nscf

KacyRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been going online with a full flat island, without a piece of water, so mostly everything it's safe
Okay awesome! All i want to do is get my lost island back lol. Do I use the island transfer feature as normal to move my modded island over to my OLED console?

KacyRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, using the island transfer tool its the way to go
Thank you so much for the replies! This has made the idea of transferring a modded island to my new switch much less scary. Have had to restart 3 times unwillingly over the course of having this game and I'm tired of repeating the early game grind and losing villagers I liked.

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
gave items to people with other unhacked switches, but we are not banned.

Last edited by nscf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters