Hacking Homebrew How safe is it booting into OFW with SD card containing payloads and doing backups

Randomuser15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I just came from doing a complete eMMC backup and accidentally rebooted into OFW with the same SD card (forgot to change it with the "usual" one). Considering I've only booted into hekate to do a backup and nothing else (no CFW), how likely is it to be safe going online like this? I still have the backup done before booting with the SD card and can't really decide on if it's worth restoring just because of this (or would it actually make it worse). I wasn't online since that happened.
It's my first time doing this so forgive me if there's an obvious answer I haven't found.

Randomuser15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Changing SD doesn't solve anything if your Sysnand is dirty.
To clarify: I never booted into any CFW - not on sysnand nor on emunand. Only booted into hekate one time to make a full backup onto the SD card. So my issue is rather the OFW detecting the hekate files on SD card or somehow detecting that I've been into hekate - if that's even a thing

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To clarify: I never booted into any CFW - not on sysnand nor on emunand. Only booted into hekate one time to make a full backup onto the SD card. So my issue is rather the OFW detecting the hekate files on SD card or somehow detecting that I've been into hekate - if that's even a thing
Likely nothing will happen but you never know. Probably not any sort of scan for what is on the SD card but that's more a question for SciresM as they knows the firmware better than anyone. Doubt they will see this though.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You should be fine as your don't install pirated games on your sysnand.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you just used the sysnand without cfw through a normal boot nothing will happen they arn't going to read the files. but if you used hekate to boot into it you will probably be fine but still a small risk.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many issues with Nintendo scanning the SD card. For one thing, it is a serious privacy violation. Another thing is that it would not be totally accurate; just having the files on your SD card doesn't mean that console boots into CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: