Trophies
Country
United Kingdom

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First your wii u won't update assuming your using an update blocking with either DNS or router.
Second CBHC is quite safe as long as you don't fuck around with the DS VC you installed it over.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First your wii u won't update assuming your using an update blocking with either DNS or router.
Second CBHC is quite safe as long as you don't fuck around with the DS VC you installed it over.
But out of couriousty lets say that I turned off my dns temporairly to download a game from the eshop and then turned my wiiu off with forgetting to turn the dns back on and nintendo released an update when it was off would my wiiu brick?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But out of couriousty lets say that I turned off my dns temporairly to download a game from the eshop and then turned my wiiu off with forgetting to turn the dns back on and nintendo released an update when it was off would my wiiu brick?
Don't turn off update blocking and instead use nnu-patcher or update the game with the installable files

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's probably the easiest way to brick your Wii U 'IF' you don't follow instructions to the letter.

'IF' however you follow Fix's instructions 'EXACTLY'; it is perfectly safe.

You must understand you are essentially redirecting your system menu before it loads and if you fuck up in some way that redirect will fail to ever load your system menu and essentially brick.

Follow Fix's instructions=profit. ;) .

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I know this is a somewhat nooby question but what exactly does the cold boot haxchi found here http://gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-v1-4-coldboot-haxchi-cfw.452615/ do? I want to install the cold boot version but I heard if my wiiu somehow updated then my wiiu would brick?Thanks for the help in advance.
Read the post you linked, read it again, follow each and every instruction, don't miss one, don't decide maybe it's not necessarily important to do a step.

What it does, essentially, is instead of booting your Wii U menu it boots the vc game you installed instead, because the vc game has been changed, via haxchi, it boots either, a custom firmware (cfw(custom menu)) which is exactly like your original menu but with some hacks (iosuhax, sig patches, etc), or a rednand ( a clone of your original system menu on sd card), or a fw.img err...something else.

Deleting the vc game redirects to nothing, Brick. Removing haxchi redirects to just that one game only, Enjoy. Updating your Wii U could break haxchi on the game, Brick.

It is the easiest way to brick, if you don't follow the instructions, as it requires no knowledge and a simple install of cbhc off hbl. And requires you to not update (just incase).

As long as you follow instructions and block update's it's safe.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the post you linked, read it again, follow each and every instruction, don't miss one, don't decide maybe it's not necessarily important to do a step.

What it does, essentially, is instead of booting your Wii U menu it boots the vc game you installed instead, because the vc game has been changed, via haxchi, it boots either, a custom firmware (cfw(custom menu)) which is exactly like your original menu but with some hacks (iosuhax, sig patches, etc), or a rednand ( a clone of your original system menu on sd card), or a fw.img err...something else.

Deleting the vc game redirects to nothing, Brick. Removing haxchi redirects to just that one game only, Enjoy. Updating your Wii U could break haxchi on the game, Brick.

It is the easiest way to brick, if you don't follow the instructions, as it requires no knowledge and a simple install of cbhc off hbl. And requires you to not update (just incase).

As long as you follow instructions and block update's it's safe.
Ok I don't think I am going to do it. It is not worth it to risk my system just for quicker cfw booting.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your worried just install Haxchi and run that before you run anything that needs it, Haxchi is perfectly safe and you cannot brick with just that.
Yeah I have been using that and it works perfectly. I have just been debating cold boot haxchi because of all the risk of brick.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I have been using that and it works perfectly. I have just been debating cold boot haxchi because of all the risk of brick.
It's really not that risky, as long as you follow fix's institutions and block updates. I was really indecisive too but I'm happy I did go ahead.

Fix has put in plenty of brick protection but it would need something before cbhc (boot1) for full protection, like preloader on wii.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really not that risky, as long as you follow fix's institutions and block updates. I was really indecisive too but I'm happy I did go ahead.

Fix has put in plenty of brick protection but it would need something before cbhc (boot1) for full protection, like preloader on wii.
So you were in the same boat as me. So is this like a9lh on the 3ds scene?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you were in the same boat as me. So is this like a9lh on the 3ds scene?
Yup exactly where you are, knew enough to know what i didn't know lol ;) I couldn't say on a9lh I'm not that into 3ds, I believe that's emunand an slightly different.

If you read the last few pages of the cbhc post you linked fix explains some of the protection he's put in, that was enough for me.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup exactly where you are, knew enough to know what i didn't know lol ;) I couldn't say on a9lh I'm not that into 3ds, I believe that's emunand an slightly different.

If you read the last few pages of the cbhc post you linked fix explains some of the protection he's put in, that was enough for me.
Ok maybe I will try it later today. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome