Hacking How run .dsi games on hacked 3ds

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install them iirc, but they'll be a part of the twl nand (not the sd card). you have about 100-something MBs to work with.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I"m not sure exactly how bit the twl nand is. you can see in fbi. it's been years since I've installed a dsi app.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Robz8 is the ds and dsi expert with the 3ds. I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it's installed to twl, and that part of the nand is very limited on the 3ds.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I"m not sure exactly how bit the twl nand is. you can see in fbi. it's been years since I've installed a dsi app.

@Robz8 is the ds and dsi expert with the 3ds. I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it's installed to twl, and that part of the nand is very limited on the 3ds.
TWL NAND is around 128MB.
i see, game is 134 mb tho
If the ROM is a DSi-Exclusive game that isn't DSiWare, it won't work.
If you have TWiLight Menu++ installed, nds-bootstrap (the part that runs the retail DS ROMs on SD) will soon be able to run such ROMs in the future.

Reactions: fmkid and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will error then, if it's larger than that. I've tried installing several twl forwarders for ds games on my flash cart, each is around 2,000-something KBs iirc, but if you try to do over 40 of them, I think, it will error due to space. I can't recall if it will even try to install, but I wouldn't even bother.

that was before twilight menu. I still have them actually:

make that 1434KBs

upload_2021-4-5_16-30-14.png

SOLSTAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
followed the guide, i put the .dsi game into dsiware folder, seems like the twilight menu recognize it no problem, with icon and name etc, but as soon as i start it, it creates the save and then says "an error has occured"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.