Alf55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I basically copied the saves folder on the Nintendo folder but now when I try to restore it with Checkpoint files don't show up. I know I should have backup the progress with checkpoint and not just copy the saves folder, but there must be a way to restore the original save file.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, there is no way to extract/inject save files just from the Nintendo folder.
The only ways I know of are

1) extract the save in a nand backup, then inject the save (dont know that process but heard people do it before)

2) dump/extract your save with either checkpoint or jksv

So unless you have a nand backup with the saves you want. Your SOL to my knowledge

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In order to restore saves on any other console or the same one (if wiped), you have to decrypt those with checkpoint or any other save manager before. the question is, did you do anything with the console and its profiles after backing up the saves in the nintendo folder? i dont exactly know if there is a difference between the progress of savegame encryption on the switch and the 3ds, but if you still have all the profiles from the saves AND the system not being restored or extremely modified, theres a chance you didnt lose them. you could check on any game if its reading the savegame. i think checkpoint only shows savegames if they are readable from the profile, thats why you can change the profile to manage saves from different ones.

otherwise if you restored the system but have a nand backup with all the profiles you want the savegames from, it could be possible to restore the nand backup and copy the nintendo folder saves back in place to let them being backed up properly with checkpoint

Last edited by JackTheFroster,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I basically copied the saves folder on the Nintendo folder but now when I try to restore it with Checkpoint files don't show up. I know I should have backup the progress with checkpoint and not just copy the saves folder, but there must be a way to restore the original save file.
Saves aren't stored in the Nintendo folder; saves are stored in the internal memory of the console.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    and screwed up a little less but still pretty damn bad instead
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i bent pins on the cpu socket bay and my cpu was wigging out
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    luckily i was able to unbend the bastards and get my pc booting again
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i will never forget that horrible, 800hz 4 - 2 - 1 beep
    code
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    eeeeyikes
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    on the flip side, i was able to give the dingus machine that i nearly screwed the cpu up on a solid state drive
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    and i cleverly got the idea to move the pagefile to it
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i think my ram's slower than that solid state drive, jesus christ
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    it seems like the pc chugs, then gets exponentially faster after what i can only assume is the pc running out of physsey
    ram
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    whereas before it just chugged no matter what
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    slow pagefile, slow ram, now the pagefile's leaving poor phrammy in the dust
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    and all this on a dingus windows 7 pc with no graphics card, of all things
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    an optiplex 755 MT
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I deal with bent CPU pins on a almost daily basis...
    Gift
  • Digitalcat @ Digitalcat:
    bent cpu pins are my fav, love unbending them and then bending even more by accident.
    Gift
  • Digitalcat @ Digitalcat:
    Hate how they are getting thinner and thinner.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Didn't they invent those nubs and contacts a while ago so we wouldn't have to deal with a million pins when plugging in a CPU?
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What happened to that?
    Gift
    I think Intel still uses LGA?
    Gift
    not to well known with the newer CPUs
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    optiplicks
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New AMD is still on pins Intel went LGA but rumor is they are swapping with AMD going LGA and Intel maybe going back to pins
    Gift
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [turns it all into USB-B] Problem Fixed
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    CPU but awesome
    Gift
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    CPU's? But I'm still working on EMP's
    Gift
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: CPU's? But I'm still working on EMP's