PS1/2 How realistic is GT5 Prologue..?

bytor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I played GT5 Prologue a while back and was quite surprised to find that the Ford GT handled like a sack of turd. Just how realistic is the handling on these cars..? I'm suspecting that Sony have made certain cars difficult to handle by design to cater to the 'hardcore' crowd and was wondering if anyone has had the chance to drive one of these cars in real-life and how the handling compared? I strongly suspect if the lads on Top Gear had a go and made their views known Sony wouldn't be impressed lol
laugh.gif

sekeli69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
so far i have driven opel gt and cant say if it feels real or not since its not in game:P but i have ford focus and i can say well that the car is handling very realisticly. if you dont have g25 or smthin like that well you cant get the same feeling as driving the car, mainly you cant feel virbrations from whole car like when wheel are spinning or how we could say at my country "šlajdraju" and when car is going into understeer or oversteer and pedals arn't giving feedback, even worse when you are playing on joystick, happens to me that i often press analog mushroom a bit to far so i end up spinning while it wont happen with a steering wheel since you can feel very well how much car and tyres are holding to tarmac. so get a good seat and good wheel (i have logitech driving force pro and im happy
smile.gif
) and put driving on professional. you can even have quote how realistic was gt4. Jeremy Clarkson: That’s how it is. This game would only be more real if a big spike shot out of the screen and skewered your head every time you crashed. In fact that’s the only real drawback: that you can hit the barriers hard without ever damaging you or your car. Maybe they’re saving that for GT5. Perhaps it’ll be called Death or Glory. sry for such a long post
biggrin.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
polyphony digital doesnt mess around with this stuff

there is a reason why they take forever to release games

I was watching a making of GT4 video that came on the OPM demo disk
they recorded every car sound, engine revs, internal sound, horns ect...
they they recorded every turn with the car, braking, ect...
you get the point

they they showed alot of professional racers would use it as practice
some have been doing in since GT1, and commented on how realistic it was and how they use their exact same cars they used in real life and tune it just like theirs in the game

also too the last poster, check out the latest GT5 E3 video, they reveled car damage will be in it, as well as NASCAR and WRC

sekeli69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i knew that car damage would be added this clarkons quote was about gt4.
but this nascar and wrc thingy i didnt know
biggrin.gif
yum
2 games im waiting for this/next year: GT5 and F1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1