How realistic is a full translation patch for Dragon Quest XI using the PS4 script?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by JokerJoester, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can't share copyright content on this forum by pm or otherwise. @Hayato213 was right. Please read the rules again https://gbatemp.net/help/terms

Hayato213 and TurdPooCharger like this.
  2. YuseiFD

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    is everyone here an idiot ? you can monitor my shit, when you see me breaking a rule, warn/ban me, i am asking for someone who has the pc version, stop implying i want to ask them for copyrighted shit, holy fuck, YOU READ THE RULES, as i am not breaking ANY !

WiikeyHacker likes this.
  3. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Okay, what if one of us did have the PC version? What then? PM contact you reading (or copy-pasting) back the dialogues word for word at so-so chapter / section throughout the game in Japanese or another language so it can be re-translated back to English? No, that would be stupid and ass backwards in re-subbing the game.

There's not a chance this re-translation projection would work in a reasonable fashion unless you straight up rip the game's official English scripts and inject it into the 3DS version. That's the only logical approach with a translation team of one, two, or a handful without* blowing your cover from SE.

You can try to say you're not requesting copyright material, but the implied intention is there. You did a poor job in hiding that in a public forum of all places.

Any smart cookie who doesn't want to roust the ire of Square Enix's watchful eye should not be working with you, or if they did so, would use a burner GBAtemp account, different IP address, VPN, TOR, etc in case things went south. Even then, your established bad attitude already spells trouble and would turn away any self respecting homebrew translator in thinking about teaming up with you at this point.

Look, many people including myself do support and share the same goal as you. Unfortunately, you stick out like a sore thumb and should have been more discrete.

If you want the Windows version of DQXI, don't have the money to afford a legitimate copy, and your Internet is really fast, you can acquire a pirated version through torrent. Find it yourself. That's all I got to say for this front.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Sep 14, 2018
    Hayato213 and Quantumcat like this.
  4. WiikeyHacker
    This message by WiikeyHacker has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 15, 2018, Reason: No need for this.
    Sep 14, 2018
  5. TurdPooCharger
    This message by TurdPooCharger has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 15, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Sep 14, 2018
  6. YuseiFD

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    I, the owner of this account, take full responsibility towards this project, be it translation, modification, tampering or stealing, happy ? now then i don't need any of you as i got the pc game, have fun shitting your pants of a c&d from some retarded company who doesn't listen to fans xD, i'll be here living in my third world country, being a sore thumb enjoying the game in english :]

WiikeyHacker and Prince Valmont like this.
  7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Glad you have time and passion for something. I've never played Dragon Quest myself but can understand its appeal. Enjoy playing the game the way it was intended, and best of luck with your life.

Prince Valmont likes this.
  8. YuseiFD

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    you mean on a 3ds ? yepi will :D cheers to you m8

Deathmaw and Prince Valmont like this.
  9. tbb043
    This message by tbb043 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 15, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Sep 15, 2018
  10. momin

momin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    Almost always there is a chance in the law to make something possible... You just need the correct people with the correct knowledge about how these things works.

It is very unlikely that someone cannot release a tool that can take take content for something that a person owns, to be applied to another thing that the same person owns. :s

I mean, if now a days there is people sharing videos of a full game some of them for free and without getting money, some others for free and getting money back. And it is legal... but remember that time when it was not (at the beginning all are obstacles, not even mention companies like Spotify back then and a thousand more);)

Last edited by momin, Sep 16, 2018
  11. GeeBeeYaY

GeeBeeYaY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2015
    United States
    PC version is cracked by codex now.

12. kevenz

kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2008
    Canada
    The crack is apparently buggy as hell and the game keeps crashing all the time.

I bought the PC version on sale and I don't regret it, it's just amazing.

13. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    There is almost no chance of this happening. The only person/team i have seen have any success with translating Dragon Quest games are a select few from Dragon's Den. SOumet, Helmax, Helix... I would put money on a bet that they wont touch a translation patch for this game since its already available in english. Anyways, the games are complicated messes behind the scenes. Even if you just know japanese, you aren't going to be able to this alone. You will need to be able to build your own tools, understand hex editing, setting flags, and much more. If you can do all that, you will need to devote weeks if not months of your life to plugging in your translations.

Its not gonna happen.