How real is this? (Super Mario Sunshine mod)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by RemixDeluxe, Apr 13, 2014.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States

i've been waiting years for Nintendo to make a sequel or remake to the game. If they refuse to do it I'll look towards mods from various teams put together.

The music and level design is just amazing in this mod, I wanted to learn more about how much of it is done.

Also are there anymore Super Mario Sunshine mods like this? I'm willing to give things a try.

2. 3bbb7

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Definitely looks real to me. The level textures and all that are awesome

it's just the actual game probably won't be possible. I'm sure adding new content into the game is much harder than just modifying levels, but idk

Would be awesome to play this if it was finished

3. WoJjTeK

WoJjTeK GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    Poland
    That's actually a Super Mario Galaxy 2 mod. It was created when the Super Mario Sunshine model-importing tools were created. Basically it allowed to take a level from SMS and put it into SMG2. I guess they were planning to do some kind of Retro Galaxy using level from SMS. Unfortunately , the project was cancelled. Also, don't get your hopes up for FLUDD or anything like that, they've just imported the model to Super Mario Galaxy.
    Visit Kuribo64 for more information :)

4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Is any of it playable? That's what I really wanna know.

5. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Did any of the level mods get released before the cancelation? Whether its Super Mario Galaxy or Sunshine I'd like to give it a try myself.

6. WoJjTeK

WoJjTeK GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    Poland
    As I said, visit Kuribo64 for info, if I remember correctly some mods were released , not sure if the SMS levels were though.

OK I did it for You... Kind of...
    Pianta Village level for SMG2