how powerful does my wifi need to be in order to game stream to my tablet??

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by DarkRioru, Jun 28, 2017.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    I have been using remotr to stream skyrim and danganronpa 2 to my kindle and I have been getting a lot of lag relating to wifi (my laptop runs the games just fine) my router is a sagecom router that was given to us by the cable company and its connected to an extender on top of the office desk... and I get lag from sitting in the living room which is 5-10 feet away from the office... and my laptop is in my room which is literally next to the living room... I don't understand why I'm getting so much lag just moving around...

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Replace your router, ISP issued routers are usually crap. Get an 802.11ac class router if you can

DarkRioru likes this.
  3. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Also make sure your extender is decent. Latency is generally caused by the weakest link in the communication chain. Also try to reduce any devices that can cause interference.

You need to check the network conditions for each hop in the chain. PC to router, to extender, to your kindle device.

Last edited by Originality, Jun 29, 2017 - Reason: Typo
    DarkRioru and TotalInsanity4 like this.