How popular was Pokemon TCG in your school?

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Just wondering.. Since you guys seem to mention them a lot, but I haven't had the pleasure of playing them
tongue.gif
, I rarely saw them at school. (I'm still 14, does that mean I can still play them?
unsure.gif
)

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They were FUXIN HUGE when i was in like 4th grade (like 8 years ago)...
But it might have just been the school as i have moved several times since then and have yet to see any...
EDIT: Now that i think about it, my cousins still live there (Michigan) and im pretty sure they still play... but it could just be them
rofl2.gif

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
QUOTE said:
Insanely huge. But my school had way to many fads. Pokemon? Done it. Digimon? Done it. Yu-Gi-Oh? Done it. Beyblades? Done it.
Yu-Gi-Oh! is very popular here.
BTW, my 7-yr old brother bought a Pokemon TCG pack today, it reads "Ex Hidden Legends". It has Rhyhorn and Claydol, and two energy cards ( lightning and fire) with some other cards
tongue.gif
But it only has 9 cards
frown.gif

/me wants Pokemon TCG game for DS, like the one there was for GBC.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Like all fads it was huge then went away. At it's peak about 8 years ago people only went to school to trade pokemon cards, learning was just an afterthought.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
There was a few people playing it (i was one of them XD), and the few of them started playing YuGiOh as soon as it was out here in Italy.

Now i think that just a few kids of my city still buy pokemon tgc, but mostly for collection.

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Insanely huge. But my school had way to many fads. Pokemon? Done it. Digimon? Done it. Yu-Gi-Oh? Done it. Beyblades? Done it.
Yu-Gi-Oh! is very popular here.
BTW, my 7-yr old brother bought a Pokemon TCG pack today, it reads "Ex Hidden Legends". It has Rhyhorn and Claydol, and two energy cards ( lightning and fire) with some other cards
tongue.gif
But it only has 9 cards
frown.gif

/me wants Pokemon TCG game for DS, like the one there was for GBC.

The Pokemon TCG packs used to have 11 cards instead of the 9 now. I have no idea why they changed it.

Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! was freaking huge when I was in middle school. People watched Digimon, but never bought any merchandise really.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It was [trump]HUGE[/trump] in my school. I still have my collection neatly organised in a drawer.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon was pretty big at my elementary school, and Yu-gi-oh! was popular at my middle school during 6th, and to a lesser extent, 7th grade. Nobody really liked Digimon or Beyblades at the schools that I went to.

I still have tons of Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh! cards, and I buy Pokemong cards occasionally for cellection. I have over 1000 Pokemon cards (I think around 1500 now since I got the 1000 figure about 8 years ago) going through the first to third generations of Pokemon, so I decided to passively try to get 1 card of every Pokemon in those 3 series. I actually need only about 30 cards >_>'

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From way back
Football stickers (made several returns)
POGs
Marbles
Yoyos
Pokemon (red/blue: I had played it already by the time Europe saw it).
Last few years I spent my time not paying attention to others (why stand around in the rain with idiots when you can play games in a warm house with your friends) and apparently 15/16 year olds are too cool for everything, GBAs (with mario kart) made an appearance however.

Then it was university, unless crabs count as a fad there was not much there either.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I traded a Muk for a Japanese Holographic Mint Articuno and misprint Arbok, just to have them stolen by some little bastard the day before I was going to sell them (estimated to be worth almost four-hundred). Pokemon was so much fun, it just shows how rotten people can be. So yes, everyone had them.
smile.gif

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
pshhh fad? I just played 6 matches with my older brother yesterday LOL!

Pokemon got INSANELY huge at my elementary school, They actually had to put no Pokeymans in the school rule book.

If it wasn't for those darn launchers breaking on me, i would still play BeyBlades. (Driger v/g is magic)

shinmai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users