How outdated is my R4 i RTS 3ds? Please Help a newbie

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Godrapist13, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Godrapist13
    OP

Godrapist13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2014
    United States
    I had this one shipped in may, 2013. The card has supposedly installed the latest hardware, but when I try to play Black 2, patched, it does not work. No loading screen, no freeze up, the loading letters turn from white to red, and it locks up like that. That would mean that the software would be outdated, right? I mean, the game came out in 2012, and was patched quickly, even if the game would not work, I should at least get to the white screen first, right? I think the super old ones had these old themes with three images, I have the newer Acekard layout it seems, so it's not that old as far as I know, but how would I update my device so it can play those later games? When I copy over the _rpg_ files from the latest update on the official site, the cart doesn't boot.

It doesn't matter, it seems that I should just get the YSloader, much better from what I read. There is just one problem: Finding a reliable up to date version and guide, there just doesn't seem to be one that works for my cart, or is up to date. Can someone share me a link and some instructions? And yes, I checked the topic on this forum, but it seems outdated. I have been up all night and I just can't follow all this, the best I could get my version to work would not read any of my games, and I don't even know how up to date that version was.

Totally unrelated: I am new to the DS scene. I saw a recently released translation of the game here:http://pearsehillock.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/neon-genesis-evangelion-ayanami-raising_15.html
    The japanese version was released in 2008, a port from way back with some updates. The english translation has only recently been made, since it was never released overseas, but I can't play it. Original japanese release, new version, patched or unpatched, there is always the same problem: After the intro, the screen locks up and never goes away. I think it is a anti piracy issue, right? There isn't a patch for it as far as I know, and it actually boots up, so I doubt it is a problem with my kernel. How would I go about running the game on my device? It works fine on a emulator BTW, as does Black 2. Maybe somebody with actual skills can see if they can make it work for their cart.

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Maybe you can deactivate DMA.

3. Godrapist13
    OP

Godrapist13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2014
    United States
    How would I do that? My R4 Wood works fine, but I have a feeling that some of the newer games, like black 2, will not work on it. I only play cod games and ace attorney so far, but i want the full value for my money. What would deactivating DMA accomplish?