How often does this occur to you ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by elm, Aug 10, 2007.

Aug 10, 2007
  1. elm
    OP

Member elm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sometimes, not always when I burn a Wii game and first put it into the Wii console. I get an error reading and have to eject and turn off the Wii and then I try the game again, and it works.

This happened before the latest update from Nintendo, but tonight it took 3 times before I got TMNT's to work.

I use a Wiikit (Wiikey clone) and I burn them at a 4 speed rate on Imgburn with very good dvd disk's (Memorex).

Just want to know if this is normal and if anybody else gets the same error as I do.

Thanks Elm

2. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    memorex are usually cmc iirc, which is not exactly "very good". that said, I haven't had issues with them. I burn at anything from 4x to 8x to 16x so far and haven't had a dud disc yet.

You could try different discs, and different burn speeds. Also what burner do you have? Maybe a different burner would help. I use an old trusty nec 3500 from about 3 years ago and it's working great.

If you can find taiyo yudens, give those a shot.

Also, when it's burning, does the buffer drop and stall often? The drive buffer can fluctuate a lot when you burn at high speeds. People argue about whether or not that's a problem or not. But the hard drive buffer shouldn't be fading. If it is, you're either using the computer too intensely or something running in the background is. If buffer underrun protection has to actuate itself, it can still cause problems.

3. elm
    OP

Member elm GBAtemp Fan

United States

Thanks for the response... I use Imgburn.. I'll try to burn them at 3x speed next time. I don't seem to recall if my drive buffer fluctuates. I just burn a disc and walk away, I don't run or download anything else while burning a game disc.

And If all else fails, I'll try a different brand of dvd's.

Thanks [​IMG]

4. spyder2k5

Newcomer spyder2k5 Member

United States
    Its a clone its crap and yes does this alot should have invested in the real deal.... NEVER had this happen to me with my legit REAL Wiikey

5. Vulpix

Vulpix Newbie

Just get yourself some Taiyo Yudens and save yourself the trouble.

6. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't think that's really the problem. If you don't have a clone how would you know anyway?

If you leave your Wii on standby mode that might be a problem. Happened to me when I did with my real Wiikey, but I also use TDK's though. Seems the temperature causes problems. Not sure if this is really the problem. I've asked on the forums how many people actually leave there chipped Wii on standby and not many did, but one person said his worked fine on standby.

7. spyder2k5

Newcomer spyder2k5 Member

United States
    I have used many Clones and real 7/10 clone fail or mess up soon thereafter and I leave my Wii on standby all teh time with no issues

8. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Try burning at a faster speed. Slower does not mean higher quality in the majority of cases.

9. elm
    OP

Member elm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you leave your Wii on standby mode that might be a problem. Happened to me when I did with my real Wiikey, but I also use TDK's though. Seems the temperature causes problems. Not sure if this is really the problem. I've asked on the forums how many people actually leave there chipped Wii on standby and not many did, but one person said his worked fine on standby.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I don't leave my Wii on standby.

10. elm
    OP

Member elm GBAtemp Fan

United States

Really at a faster speed ? Okay I'll give it a try...

And I'll try a different brand of dvd's, like TDK or Verbatim brand. Sorry I never seen her heard of "Taiyo Yudens" brand, but thanks though.

[​IMG]

11. kmzmc

Newcomer kmzmc Newbie

United States
    TAIYO YUDEN
    Japanese-made
    Inventor of the CD-R disc
    Widest playback compatibility
    The lowest error rates in recording
    Comes with a 100-year data integrity guarantee

[​IMG]

Mostly you will just find fakes, pretending they are TY. Just buy some Verbatims at your local shop.