How often do you eat in front of a screen?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title kind of says it all.

Myself. Unless I have some sweets (so Christmas and 10 days thereafter, or when I get a package from the US) I do not. I occasionally try having something but it gets annoying and I have to pause what I am doing, eat and then get rid of any plate/bowl I had. Never had a TV in the kitchen and never ate in front of the TV as a kid.
In a flat I had once I had my laptop on the table but if it was on it was only because I wanted it on afterwards.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Pretty much every day, if not every time I eat when I'm at home. There isn't a table in our kitchen so me and my dad eat dinner in the living room. Never at my PC tho. No food comes near my keyboard.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I am ashamed to admit that i spend a lot of my eating time in front of a TV.

Breakfast being the exception most times. I drink a meal shake for breakfast just because god knows why, my stomach is slow in the morning. I can end up with a stomach ache if I am not careful when eating for the first time every day.

Lunch is mostly spend in front of a screen be it my laptop at work, or my chromebook (my GBAtemp/Hulu box lol). Whats weird is that I tend to not like watching anime during eating time. So I have to find either a sitcom or reality TV (mostly Gordon Ramsay stuff).

Dinner is a multitude of things. Either I eat at home with mom and dad so no TV there. But if I am with the fiancee or alone, I tend to reach for my chromebook again.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
All the times. I rarely sit at the table to eat. Something I have done for years.

Basically, my kitchen table isn't used much, unless I have to work on some paper with my laptop, then I'll sit at the table, and still eat or drink in front of the screen lol.

Last edited by VinsCool,

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I always eat like dinner and look at my phone watching videos. But only because, I have nobody to talk to while I eat.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dude, I'm ALWAYS eating in front of a screen. Here's the thing though: I only do it to shows/movies WORTHY of me eating in front of it.

I don't just willy nilly eat in front of a TV or computer. The show has to be good enough for me to enjoy my food while I watch the show. It's weird, but that's how I work

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never.
always eating in the kitchen, which doesn't have a TV or any screen.
The only occasions are if there are guests for example for Xmas, then we eat in the living room, but the TV is kind of "background sound" with music or random game shows that we don't follow.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm always eating in front of a screen.
Soon me n me bf will do exactly the same.

Watching Allo Allo, Are you being served, Keeping up appearances, Dads Army etc. during dinner.

Umm.. bf ?? It is an abbr for a best friend or a boyfriend. It can be confused easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM