How Much Would My Old NDS + Games Sell For?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by wildfire95, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009
  1. wildfire95
    OP

Member wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I currently have a NDS Phat, and to be honest.. i hate its bulk etc. So, im thinking of upgrading to a DSLiTE. I currently have £50 towards it, but i need another 50-80 to buy the actual console.

What im going to be selling -

Code:
    NDS Phat (Has a minor scratch on screen, a few scratchs on lid. Casing is slighty chipped. But 100% working)
    Console Case (Mint Condition)
    HeadPhones for NDS (Brand = Creative)
    NDS Charger
    Brain Training
    Monkey Ball - Touch and Go
    Pokemon Trozei
    Pokemon Rescue Team Blue
    GBC Games - Pokemon Blue, Gold, Red + Yellow. (DONT WORK ON NDS, BUT SELLING ANYWAY)
    Questions -
    How much do you think this would sell for on eBay?
    Should i sell it together, or in individual lots?

Thanks,
    Cameron.

2. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A bunch of old games like those with a beat up old school DS? After listing and Paypal fees, you would be lucky to do much more than break even on Ebay. As far as going into a game shop and seeing what kind of trade in deals they have, the DSi is about to come out. Any trade in deals they have at this point will probably be for DS Lites.

No one wants original DS models anymore and those old games are, well......OLD. You might get lucky and scam some little kid or ignorant parent out of a pittance for your stuff, but I wouldn't count on it.

3. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Yeah, chances are your barely gonna even hit 130 bucks, thats if your lucky. If i remember correctly, DS Phats barely go for 30-40 bucks, i barely got 60 for my Lite 4+ months ago. And most of those games are pretty old.

4. wildfire95
    OP

Member wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ah k, thanks guys =D

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I really doubt you'll get much for it. The original DSs go for very low. I wouldn't expect getting more than 60 bucks for it. The games and stuff are also priced low because they're not very popular. You might around 80 bucks for the whole package if you're lucky.

6. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Still 80 bucks? If you sell it to a retailer over here, they wouldn't even take it in, and give you 5 euros per game. And any aware buyer on the net would give you 30 for the entire package. Try selling it to a familymember! I sold my phat + 3 games for 80 a year and a half ago and got a second-hand ds lite for it.

7. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    When my old school onyx DS Lite broke (or should I say, did not survive an attempted case replacement for vanity's sake), I sold some old DS games on Amazon.

I sold Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi, Yoshi's Island, plus Bioshock for 360 (just beat it) and was able to make enough for a new Cobalt/Black DS and a second 8-gig MicroSD card.

Amazon has its hang-ups, though. The US version only pays you on the 15th and 30th of the month and the price Amazon allots you for shipping doesn't cut it nowadays, especially when shipping things like DS games you want insured. But all I did was see what each game was going for and undercut the lowest seller by a dollar.

I think I got 45 US bucks for Princess Peach alone.

8. Nds Boy

Newcomer Nds Boy Member

United Kingdom
    how old is the ds :?:

9. Nds Boy

Newcomer Nds Boy Member

United Kingdom
    how old is the ds :?:

10. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    You wouldn't get too much for the Phat, but you could always send me Gold. XD

11. abrack08

Newcomer abrack08 Advanced Member

United States
    Actually, at least here in America, GameStop had a deal where they'd give $50 for DSphat trade-ins, since the DSi is coming out, which is $10-$20 more then they're probably normally give. I'd bet whatever game shops you have over there probably have a similar deal to try to entice people into making the leap from phat/lite to DSi.