Hardware how much to sell an ambassador 3ds from day one cosmo black ?

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have nor the box nor the original stylusit has a case of transfer though and a cradle of charging
it has the ambassador program of games
and some times when i press together all the buttons of abxy it shuts off
i was thinking to put it on ebay uk

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it only matters via Ebay or similar online places. Any brick and mortar store will not care and they generally reformat and update to the latest firmware.

Given the description, if listed on Ebay it might have to be tagged as either broken or damaged, which Ambassador or not will seriously lower the price. I have no idea what the "case of transfer" means.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually, it only matters via Ebay or similar online places. Any brick and mortar store will not care and they generally reformat and update to the latest firmware.

Given the description, if listed on Ebay it might have to be tagged as either broken or damaged, which Ambassador or not will seriously lower the price. I have no idea what the "case of transfer" means.

If its working and has the ambassador status, pretty sure its valuable, and if it has got version 4.X.X its even more valuable.

Formatting and updating still retains the ambassador status since you can come back to Nintendo's eShop and re download the Ambassador title.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, it doesn't. Nobody cares. Nobody even cares what firmware it's on. On EBay, all that matters is whether the system is in good condition or not, and launch ones usually aren't because they suffer from factory defects (self-scratching screens, poor quality rubberized analog stick etc.). Unless you're selling the system specifically to nerdy buyers on a forum like GBATemp, nobody attaches any value to the Ambassador status (yay! I can play some old games I probably played a zillion times by now!) or to the firmware (Ugh, not only I'm buying used, I also have to waste time updating).

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its working and has the ambassador status, pretty sure its valuable, and if it has got version 4.X.X its even more valuable.

Formatting and updating still retains the ambassador status since you can come back to Nintendo's eShop and re download the Ambassador title.

Not if the person attached an NNID, and now, to access the shop, you need to add the NNID, possibly negating the Ambassador claim.

People seem to forget that the only reason one would want a sub version 4.6 unit is for piracy (oh, I'm sorry, "Homebrew". Call me when there is some). That's a very small market. Average joe consumer isn't going to pay more for that. They want the cheapest price. Period.

Not to mention you seemed to skip over the part in the description that mentions the unit shutting off randomly when hitting ABXY, making it a damaged unit.

I buy, sell, and trade used games locally. Ambassador units mean nothing to store owners, and most people who MAY have heard of them don't always understand why it would command a higher price. It's an older system, and given the market right now, less interesting than a 2DS or XL. Mention firmware and the majority of consumers get a glazed look in their eyes. Very few even know how to turn streetpass on, from the units I've seen.

Reactions: Foxi4

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not if the person attached an NNID, and now, to access the shop, you need to add the NNID, possibly negating the Ambassador claim.

People seem to forget that the only reason one would want a sub version 4.6 unit is for piracy (oh, I'm sorry, "Homebrew". Call me when there is some). That's a very small market. Average joe consumer isn't going to pay more for that. They want the cheapest price. Period.

Not to mention you seemed to skip over the part in the description that mentions the unit shutting off randomly when hitting ABXY, making it a damaged unit.

I buy, sell, and trade used games locally. Ambassador units mean nothing to store owners, and most people who MAY have heard of them don't always understand why it would command a higher price. It's an older system, and given the market right now, less interesting than a 2DS or XL. Mention firmware and the majority of consumers get a glazed look in their eyes. Very few even know how to turn streetpass on, from the units I've seen.

Its not the system that counts but the ambassador system, that is what is valuable on that system, because there's people (such as myself) who want to buy consoles with ambassador status to transfer them onto their 3DS XL.

(yay! I can play some old games I probably played a zillion times by now!) or to the firmware (Ugh, not only I'm buying used, I also have to waste time updating).

Are you forgetting you cannot downgrade a 3DS without a NAND backup? If you do get a 3DS console with an ambassador status to play ''old games'' which is better than using emulation, you're also getting a console with an old version which can be used for Gateway or whatever, yes it might be defective but that's up to the seller to describe it and up to the buyer to buy it if he/she wants so.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
oh, I'm sorry, "Homebrew". Call me when there is some

You're phone was turned off, seems you missed custom code running on the 3DS. Unless you "define" homebrew as a fully playable and carefully structured end product swarming in a pool of continuous releases (sorta like the Golden Age of DS Homebrew?)

-Another World

Reactions: Yepi69

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're phone was turned off, seems you missed custom code running on the 3DS. Unless you "define" homebrew as a fully playable and carefully structured end product swarming in a pool of continuous releases (sorta like the Golden Age of DS Homebrew?)

-Another World
To be fair, there's already a couple emulators running natively on the 3DS. More (cooler) stuff will come in due time once we have a more unified development environment, akin to DevkitPro and its libnds. I'm looking forward to that, uh-huh - I'd love to tinker with the 3DS, but I'm not resilient enough to learn about the console-specific registers - I'd prefer to use a simple library for all of the low-level stuff.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your phone was turned off, seems you missed custom code running on the 3DS. Unless you "define" homebrew as a fully playable and carefully structured end product swarming in a pool of continuous releases (sorta like the Golden Age of DS Homebrew?)

-Another World

Actually, I define homebrew as something that isn't just proof of concept, which everything seems to be at this time. Plus, I fully admit I do not trust Gateway. I'd much rather wait to see if anything happens for later firmware releases, with less risk of "accidental" bricking.

Judging by the amount of threads I see from Gateway users (especially those threads that ask already answered questions because nobody does research before asking anymore), It's not that user friendly just yet. So again, I'll wait.

Its not the system that counts but the ambassador system, that is what is valuable on that system, because there's people (such as myself) who want to buy consoles with ambassador status to transfer them onto their 3DS XL.

So, a broken system commands a higher price because it has 10 released NES games and 10 unreleased at this time GBA.

But to do the system transfer, you need to update to the latest firmware. I'll admit I am unsure of the specifics of NAND-downgrading, but wouldn't the downgrade erase what you just tried to add?

And, if you're doing all this just to have the ability to play "Homebrew" (ahem), couldn't you just save the time and money and acquire those games without the whole system transfer business?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually, I define homebrew as something that isn't just proof of concept, which everything seems to be at this time. Plus, I fully admit I do not trust Gateway. I'd much rather wait to see if anything happens for later firmware releases, with less risk of "accidental" bricking.

Judging by the amount of threads I see from Gateway users (especially those threads that ask already answered questions because nobody does research before asking anymore), It's not that user friendly just yet. So again, I'll wait.

So, a broken system commands a higher price because it has 10 released NES games and 10 unreleased at this time GBA.

But to do the system transfer, you need to update to the latest firmware. I'll admit I am unsure of the specifics of NAND-downgrading, but wouldn't the downgrade erase what you just tried to add?

And, if you're doing all this just to have the ability to play "Homebrew" (ahem), couldn't you just save the time and money and acquire those games without the whole system transfer business?

Why is it when you talk of ''homebrew'' you immediately think of piracy? What if I want to be able to run all of my 3DS backups right on one cartridge?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it when you talk of ''homebrew'' you immediately think of piracy? What if I want to be able to run all of my 3DS backups right on one cartridge?

Because unless you're dumping the carts/downloads yourself, they aren't "backups".

And, with few exceptions right now, thanks to Nintendo's slightly odd way of running their eShop, you already can run almost all available games from one system. You may pay more than what you did with your "backups", though.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because unless you're dumping the carts/downloads yourself, they aren't "backups".

And, with few exceptions right now, thanks to Nintendo's slightly odd way of running their eShop, you already can run almost all available games from one system. You may pay more than what you did with your "backups", though.

I'm guessing you're one of those people against downloading ''backups''.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing you're one of those people against downloading ''backups''.
Because no matter where you are, they aren't backups if you don't make them yourself, thus, calling them backups is basically just an effort to not feel like you're just pirating like everybody else because it's convenient.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because no matter where you are, they aren't backups if you don't make them yourself, thus, calling them backups is basically just an effort to not feel like you're just pirating like everybody else because it's convenient.

Uhm... I can backup my own cartridges using Gateway, I'm already buying the eShop versions on my retail games just to avoid carrying cartridges with me, which is a cheap way to make money, it helps and also, almost everyone around here does indeed use piracy so hiding behind a shield is futile.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not really the place for a moral debate on the justification of "backups" and "homebrew". A question was asked, and answered.

However, I'll answer about my stance on piracy. I see both sides having valid points, but until a safer method that works on the latest firmware hits, I'll stick with the eShop and getting my games in slightly more honest ways.

I say slightly, because as I mentioned before, I buy, sell, and trade locally, so I tend to get a fair amount of games for cheap, plus I do some online places for Amazon credit. Bitches love Amazon credit.

Reactions: Yepi69

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lol..the ambassador games are just a plus...don't expect to get anymore for it just because it's an ambassador :P

people on here only care about the firmware for Gateway. whatever purpose that may be.

and lol of COURSE the game shop keeper who sells games would be against homebrew or "piracy". duh.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is not really the place for a moral debate on the justification of "backups" and "homebrew". A question was asked, and answered.

However, I'll answer about my stance on piracy. I see both sides having valid points, but until a safer method that works on the latest firmware hits, I'll stick with the eShop and getting my games in slightly more honest ways.

I say slightly, because as I mentioned before, I buy, sell, and trade locally, so I tend to get a fair amount of games for cheap, plus I do some online places for Amazon credit. Bitches love Amazon credit.

Likewise, tho having a way to carry all of my retail games in one spot would be handful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.