Gaming How much more respect would the Wii have if....

D

Deleted User

razorback78 said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Microsoft and Sony aren't "catching up" with motion controls persay, as their respective motion controls are better in terms of functionality, noteably Sony Gem (demos have looked far more precision than motion plus).
huh?
unsure.gif
i think the wii has been released since 2006 with the motion controls while sony gem is not yet released.
I think you missed the point.

They're not "catching up" because they're actually doing better than the original. They're improving it, whereas catching up would just be using the same crap technology in the Wii remote.

As for my opinion on the Wii, it's simply not an amazing console. A good one, yeah, but it's not amazing. I like to have a good online experience, which is simply something the Wii doesn't provide.

D

Deleted User

Guild McCommunist said:
PS3 owners won't buy a shitty yoga game because they're fifteen year old kids who eat Doritos and play Call of Duty.
I don't know a single 15 year old who owns a PS3, that's the Xbox age category. I'd say PS3 owners were in the 18-24 range primarily. Your point still doesn't stand though, games like Eyepet and LittleBigPlanet are pretty casual games yet they do get bought.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Guild McCommunist said:
PS3 owners won't buy a shitty yoga game because they're fifteen year old kids who eat Doritos and play Call of Duty.
I don't know a single 15 year old who owns a PS3, that's the Xbox age category. I'd say PS3 owners were in the 18-24 range primarily. Your point still doesn't stand though, games like Eyepet and LittleBigPlanet are pretty casual games yet they do get bought.
As warmijwilfaain said it's the Xbox 360 with those people not the PS3. The PS3 doesn't have a lot of good casual games but they are out there. LittleBigPlanet is always the prime example of a PS3 game that will appeal to the casual mass. And is there even a yoga game for the PS3?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZonMachi said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Guild McCommunist said:
As warmijwilfaain said it's the Xbox 360 with those people not the PS3. The PS3 doesn't have a lot of good casual games but they are out there. LittleBigPlanet is always the prime example of a PS3 game that will appeal to the casual mass. And is there even a yoga game for the PS3?

You're not getting my point. Even if it's not "15 year old kids" (although I have a good deal of friends who are 15 and who own PS3's), it's a different demographics. Hardcore vs. softcore. The Wii would still aim at a softcore demographic and the competitors wouldn't.

As per the whole "motion control" thing, Sony and Microsoft aren't making motion controllers to be able to have the same benefits as the Wii, they're doing it so they can get casual gamers. And right now, there's not a whole lot of casual games that work too well with a standard controller. With a motion controller, you don't need to really know the buttons. You just swing and waggle.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rock Band and GH suck balls on the Wii. Low resolution sub-par visuals, no DTS sound, and the worst part is the space issue and lack of SDHC support. You are most certainly not getting the same experience as PS3/XBOX360 Rock band owners.

Even if RB/GH did have SDHC support it would still suck. I have about 300 dlc songs for Rock Band on my PS3. Takes up about 12GB of space. So I would have to buy a 16GB card and dedicate that to RB, plus another 8 or 16 gb card for Wiiware/VC. Wii costs $219 here in Canada. Tack two $30 cards (at least) onto the price of a Wii and you are only $20 less than a PS3 Slim that comes with a 120GB drive built in.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy my Wii. However the main reason I enjoy it is because you can mod it and run homebrew/usb loaders/etc. I also enjoy the many great titles on the Wii such as the ones stingray mentioned.

However stack the Wii up against the PS3, or less so, the 360, and compare the hardware and capabilities and there is no doubt. The Wii is massive fail. Sure it outsells everything (or did), because it's always been the cheapest console, and a lot of the titles appeal to the casual gamer.

Just imagine this though. What if Nintendo had given the Wii the same horsepower as the PS3? HD visuals, bluray, user upgradeable hard drive, Nintendo's exclusive software titles. It would have destroyed everything in the market.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
Retrievil said:
Don't get me wrong I enjoy my Wii. However the main reason I enjoy it is because you can mod it and run homebrew/usb loaders/etc. I also enjoy the many great titles on the Wii such as the ones stingray mentioned.

correct! the USB LOADING and HOMEBREW CAPABILITIES of the wii is the main reason why i purchased it. I will definitely buy a PS3 ASAP if backups are playable.

QUOTERock Band and GH suck balls on the Wii. Low resolution sub-par visuals, no DTS sound, and the worst part is the space issue and lack of SDHC support. You are most certainly not getting the same experience as PS3/XBOX360 Rock band owners.
i dont think you need high resolution visuals with rockband/guitar hero. i just look at the icons/arrows and follow the beat/rhythm.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i ownly own a 360 for media playing,other than that the games blow, not everyone is into shooters, which is where my wii comes in more games that i like, only gaming ill ever buy for the 360 is final fantasy 13
i would have had a ps3 but sony killed that chance with it being so exspensive

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
warmijwilfaain said:
razorback78 said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Microsoft and Sony aren't "catching up" with motion controls persay, as their respective motion controls are better in terms of functionality, noteably Sony Gem (demos have looked far more precision than motion plus).
huh?
unsure.gif
i think the wii has been released since 2006 with the motion controls while sony gem is not yet released.
They're not "catching up" because they're actually doing better than the original. They're improving it, whereas catching up would just be using the same crap technology in the Wii remote.

Better hardware, yes. But what about software? Most of Ninty's big titles have motion control, but would Sony and MS take the risk and do the same for their big titles? Halo with motion control? God of War with motion control? It would probably just be used primarily by Ubisoft to overrun the consoles with the same shovelware crap on the wii. So they catch up with hardware, big deal.

I don't really know what it would take to give wii respect from the "hardcore gamers" since I prefer my DS over my Wii, PS2 and Xbox. Portable gaming ftw. :yayds:

D

Deleted User

Domination said:
warmijwilfaain said:
razorback78 said:
warmijwilfaain said:
huh?
unsure.gif

Better hardware, yes. But what about software? Most of Ninty's big titles have motion control, but would Sony and MS take the risk and do the same for their big titles? Halo with motion control? God of War with motion control? It would probably just be used primarily by Ubisoft to overrun the consoles with the same shovelware crap on the wii. So they catch up with hardware, big deal.
Well, we have to see what is done with software. However, with the Sony one, motion support for particular games including Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition, LittleBigPlanet (through an update), Pain, Flower (GOTY 2009 getting improved controls? o/), Eyepet, Echochrome 2, Ape Escape 2, and some others that are listed on Wikipedia.

Natal I'm not so sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?