How much money have you found on the ground in your life?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Including the ransom drop briefcase? £100000 (or krugerrands were exchanging for that at the time) + maybe about £300.
Not including the drop. About £300. For the most part I ignore money on the floor. At school you could have done fairly well -- it was popular to throw one's change after leaving the tuck shop. 60 kids per day doing that with the average throwing arc of an 11-14 year old (the 15-18 crowd saved their money for booze and cigarettes -- smoking age was 16 at the time but the local shop did not care about such things) meant stand in the right place and you could get a couple of quid per day if you were so inclined and could take being called a scab.

Reactions: Deleted User

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$10 in the school cafeteria when I was in 2nd grade. $25 in the parking lot of a shopping center when I was 10. $15 at a park when I was in middle school. $10 in my highschool halls. And $100 bill near my favorite haircut place. Everytime it happened I considered it a lucky break. But some people would love to throw around their morals and say, "You should have turned the money in to lost and found" or some BS. Finders keepers bitches

BTW I've lost about $20 in my life once... And you can bet I'll make damn sure it doesn't happen again.

Last edited by gman666,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found several hundred dollars combined throughout the years. It really changes depending on the location.
Walking around a private university campus, I would find AT LEAST $20 in bills/change a DAY. They would drop money and not have the slightest care. When people pulled out their phones or whatever, usually bills fell out along with it. They didn't bother to pick it up. I was a good person and told them if they dropped a credit card, but I'm sure others wouldn't.

Walk a few miles over to a public university campus, and I'm lucky if I find a nickel. The most I found at once at a public university was a $20 bill, and the 2nd most was a $1 bill I had to race against others for because a group of others also saw it at the same time I did. Other than that it's the odd dime or nickel. Finding a quarter made for a great day, because once you got 5, you could afford some cheap public transportation. A few more quarters and you could afford something from a food truck.

@FAST6191 Please tell us more about that ransom drop :)

AtsuNii

AtsuNii's New Beginnings
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I only managed to find a tenner once at the store. Had some groceries that i forgot before which was under a tenner. Guess it was for free then instead.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most recent one was a 50 quid reward for bringing a handbag back to an old bag.
Not exactly "finding money" but did find something that got me free money.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Probably a total of like $150+ over my whole life, but not a whole lot stands out TBH.

Though just last week I was out to eat with my fiancee and her family, and we found a $20 bill just sitting under my chair when we left. Wasn't from our check, was just some random thing that must've been sitting there a while and no one else noticed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only managed to find a tenner once at the store. Had some groceries that i forgot before which was under a tenner. Guess it was for free then instead.

I once found a fiver at the end of a checkout and palmed it to check later (it was real but as this was Liverpool it is not a chance you take). Then attempted to pay with a fiver I had just got out of a cashpoint (there are, or at least were, places where that happens).

I don't know if the guy on the checkout had seen it and was going to grab it himself but he decided to try to claim my fiver I had just got from the cashpoint was fake, was getting on for six in the evening so massive live full of people with an evening's items just wanting to get home now all stopped dead. Fortunately it was an Asda so he had to call his boss over who said it is real and everything was resolved (no mention of my palmed fiver).

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember finding $50 once...
The real question is how much money did I left on the ground to be found by others.
I can at least remember once I threw around 20€ mixed up with some old paper in the garbage can by accident.

PS: quite probably those 20€ just got burned or "recycled" with the rest of the paper though.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg