Hardware How much is worth a raw ps vita?

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While talking about cut-pricing i thought of something:how much does it cost for sony to produce a single vita?how much are worth the vita raw materials?
Also i don't know about other states but around mine nobody ever buys the vita at full price (200€) so wouldn't be a nice idea for sony to officially cut again the price?let's say 150?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in 2012, the components to the vita cost roughly 160$ to buy individually.
obviously sony gets discounts upon buying large numbers of the components, so anything between 100 and 160 for materials can be assumed today.
however, add to that the price of early advertisment, production (as in putting it together), moving it around the globe, putting it in warehouses inbetween, theres other costs to keep in mind.

there will be more price drops eventually, but it will take more time.
if you want a vita on the cheap, you'll need to buy it used for now.

4SaleUSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While talking about cut-pricing i thought of something:how much does it cost for sony to produce a single vita?how much are worth the vita raw materials?
Also i don't know about other states but around mine nobody ever buys the vita at full price (200€) so wouldn't be a nice idea for sony to officially cut again the price?let's say 150?

The raw materials that make up a Vita 3G cost just under $160.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and...