Hardware How much is this PC to you?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Somewhere between $40-100. The specs fall down to Athlon 64 X2, GeForce 6150 (integrated graphics), and 2x512MB DDR2 RAM. This is all as budget as a budget PC can get... from 2005. It's only use really is for internet browsing and office use.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I look for potential... Find an AM2 Quad that'll fit in there, kick it up to 4 gigs of memory (2 x 2gig DDR2) stuff a mid-range budget card in there, and Viola, modern machine in no need of upgrades. :-P To an extent.

haazenpfeffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has one of these. You can hardly upgrade it at all, because it's tiny, has no PCI-E slot, and has an extremely weak proprietary PSU.
However, you can increase the RAM. If you can increase the RAM using RAM you have laying around. Be careful when you open it, because slimline
computers are kind of difficult sometimes. Also, make sure to install Windows XP. My friend's came with Vista which is horrible for performance, especially
when the computer isn't too grand to begin with.

I would ask 100$ for it once you get a fresh install of windows on there, and if you can install more RAM it will definitely be worth that much.
Otherwise, yank the harddrive out, put it in a case, and use a flashdrive to boot Ubuntu, then give it to a homeless shelter or something. Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended