Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is bricked, the LED for power is broken and the headphone jack sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I attempted to fix it, but I bought the wrong battery... so now, I am just curious to know how much this PSP could go for in eBay.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was doing quite a bit of searching when buying mine, and most of the broken ones were $40-$50. Yet again, yours just needs a Pandora battery (which is like $15) and it'll work pretty well, providing everything else is in working shape. Speakers can always be used and the light is only an annoyance.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
So... This can go out for... Maybe $30? I don't want my hopes to get high for something at this condition...

Would eBay be a good place to sell this?

That's how much I was going to buy one for (before the deal fell through) for a PSP in similar condition, and I felt like it was a steal. For someone who can fix it, it's worth more than for the average joe. I'd say between $30-50 (USD) is fair game.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like repairing the PSP myself wasn't in my range... So I am deciding to sell it for at least $30. I will most likely, put it up as an auction to see if I can receive higher bids.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The fact that the LED doesn't work makes it harder for me to tell whether it is on or not... That's the only problem for me. I have already tried:
- Removing the battery then using the AC Adapter [To know if it is on or not]
- Using the battery while plugged into the AC Adapter

Bleh... If I could, I would buy a pandora battery, but the one I got was the wrong one...

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I'd say your PSP is worth maybe $20-30. Being bricked alone will drop a large part off the price (Fixable or not) and having a broken Power light doesnt exactly help that either. I'd say ~$25 or less.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
I'd say your PSP is worth maybe $20-30. Being bricked alone will drop a large part off the price (Fixable or not) and having a broken Power light doesnt exactly help that either. I'd say ~$25 or less.

USD? No. They usually go for higher. Bricks are actually easier to fix than ones with hardware issues. You just need to buy a battery and a memory stick and it'll unbrick. And that can cost you around $30, if you get a decent sized memory stick if you're one to pirate games. I've seen people sell PSPs with broken UMD drives and broken analog sticks and the like for around $40, and most people aren't will to pry open their PSP to replace stuff. Fixing a brick though, it's as simple as popping in a battery and a memory stick.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is the process of what happened:
- I tried to use the chickHEN exploit on the PSP 1000
- It's firmware was below 5.03 [i think it was 4.61 or something... i can't really remember it that well]
- when it was installing the CFW, the PSP just turned off
- i tried to turn it on and it didn't work

I never converted the Memory Stick to a MMS [maybe i did, i can't really remember it that well] and the A/C Adapter wasn't plugged it [but the battery indicated itself as 100%]

The Pandora Battery I bought was for a slim... I accidentally bought the wrong one... Is there any place I can buy a Pandora Battery locally in the Brampton, Canada area? And by the way, the battery was an Extended Battery one so I couldn't mod the battery.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why don't you just hardmod the non pandora battery to fix the psp and then later on buy a normal one then you will have a pandora and a normal battery................sudeki300

EDIT you can use a slim battery in a phat psp anyway, just make sure the psp is on charge and then push the battery up in the slot so the three pins are really connecting with the psp. i have done loads like that..................sudeki300

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its officiaL sony stamina its moddable. but yeah slim ones work on fat. with power plugged in like sudeki said

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is it the ones with the gold writing on them? have you tried with the slim pandora yet before cutting batteries up...........sudeki300

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Reading this thread made me realise how I ripped off the guy I bought my PSP from.
I paid £50 for it (about $75) for a fully functioning, hacked PSP 1000 that was just a bit rough around the edges (metal ring on the UMD door is scratched to hell and the faceplate had a huge crack in it) with 10 games, a 1gb memory stick, remote, Go! Camera, headset.

smile.gif

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Sold an absolutely mint condition PSP1000 earlier this year for less than the equivalent of £70 GBP. That was boxed, had a screen protector since day 1, hadn't seen much use and including a large legit memory card, and running the latest CFW.

Saddens me how little they go for, especially as I paid full price for the Gigapack all these years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?