Hacking How much is a brand new 4.5 worth ?

tairo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just won a super mario 3d land edition 3ds xl and it has firmware which is 4.5 and i already have one so where is the best place to sell it ?
PS it is brand new and unopened/unsealed.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably 4.5 but my guess is all of them that are sm3dl are 4.5 or lower the console itself doesn't have any special indicator as to being "limited edition" itself or to any of which I can see its just a white console and I'm pretty sure that's common in Eur and jap I personally don't think it's worth the amount its posted for on eBay

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.5 firmware doesn't increase the price but it may increase customers.

yes it does increase the price it cost way more to get one on ebay and people buy them all day long though if your patient like i was i got a used xl with 4.3 on ebay for 99 bucks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
["4.5 does not increase the price]yes it does increase the price it cost way more to get one on ebay and people buy them all day long though if your patient like i was i got a used xl with 4.3 on ebay for 99 bucks

I would take ebay prices with a pinch of salt -- it costs not a lot to keep the listing going/relist and you always have the chance that someone with more money than sense will come along and snap it up.

As ever something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would take ebay prices with a pinch of salt -- it costs not a lot to keep the listing going/relist and you always have the chance that someone with more money than sense will come along and snap it up.

As ever something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

thats the thing alot of people are willing to pay $250 for any version of the xl on 4.5

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
A largely inflated and unjustifiable value has been placed on these 2+ year old electronic devices... It's the PS3 scene all over again! "Hey, who wants to buy my 8 year old 3.55 ticking YLOD bomb for 600 dollars?"

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
best advice, search 4.x 3ds xl on ebay, click sold listing....there is a rough guide(same applies to everything)

it ofter varies by region, i know by me i could find a fair few 4.x consoles so i wouldn't be buying one for any more than retail price....maybe a tiny bit more to save me looking, but most of the ones on ebay are banking on the 4.x stock drying up before they will be shifting their consoles at such inflated prices

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my 3DS XL at a not so popular gamestop for $270, yeah they're not so popular because of their high prices.. Whereas more popular gamestops sells 3DS's for $220-$250 but 3DSes there are more on latest models.. I found what specific model to look at the wiki...

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Ha...the_System_version_before_buying_a_new_3DS.3F

I bought the 3DS XL in a heartbeat even though it's more expensive than others(and even if I would be broke for a week), it was installed with a lower than 4.x firmware and then I bought MH3U...

So in total, a brand new 3DS XL + CPP + MH3U + LOTSA ACCESSORIES costed me for about $340...

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As already stated It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, personally I'd wait until christmas, hope words gets around more about gateway (even use that term in your listing) and go the extortion route! That's the christmas way :)

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from a B&M brand new for $199. If you don't want to go firmware hunting in stores, then I'd say a $20 premium over the regular price is fair.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a brand new, sealed Mario Kart 7 bundle (the one with the digital copy pre-installed) for about $225

So whoever said $250 got ripped off :ha:

I mean, if the goal is to sell it, you can ask as much as you want, I'm just being realistic here. I went with the lowest priced one I could find that was still unopened, since that's the only way I could guarantee it was on 4.x.

Criznittle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$250 is the going rate for a new 4.5 3ds xl on ebay, i'm not sure anyone looking for a gateway compatible 3ds really cares if mario kart comes as part of a bunduru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all