How much gaming is too much at once?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spent over 31 hours on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate! What's the longest you've ever played a game for straight, and where do you think the line should be drawn?

Discuss. :)

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Straight 31 hours!? No way, i don't believe it lol.
And my longest gaming session was 10 hour (that's if i really like the game) but nowadays its about 2 hours per session.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I have got it up to 4 games at once, though tetris is more to keep my hands busy and the other three involved a lot of waiting.

31 hours of monster hunter 3 is too much, granted I think 31 minutes of monster hunter 3 is too much once you know what the game is about.

As or the matter at hand... I guess I am going with the usual "does it cause you to neglect you, those that depend upon you or something similar? If so then that is probably too much". If it is sedentary gaming then you might need to account for that and there might be some other medical things somewhere (I am never sure which are actual and which are "well if we say this and they at least do something approaching it") but I will have to read up further there.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_m26vrjKSo11rqfhi2o1_500.gif

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have got it up to 4 games at once, though tetris is more to keep my hands busy and the other three involved a lot of waiting.

31 hours of monster hunter 3 is too much, granted I think 31 minutes of monster hunter 3 is too much once you know what the game is about.

As or the matter at hand... I guess I am going with the usual "does it cause you to neglect you, those that depend upon you or something similar? If so then that is probably too much". If it is sedentary gaming then you might need to account for that and there might be some other medical things somewhere (I am never sure which are actual and which are "well if we say this and they at least do something approaching it") but I will have to read up further there.
Very true but the issue also is how often. Sure I think we all play games for long peroids of time at certain times (like a new game release we have been waiting years for) but generally we don't game for that long on a daily basis...

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had 2 long sessions but it was on 2 new cods (online only) when they came out at midnight until about 10 or 12 the next day. Other than that an hour or 2 at a time

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so it wasn't a FULL 31 hours, there were some internet breaks to reference some things about the game here and there and check my messages, but it's still a pretty damn long time! Not sure when I started last night, just remember playin past midnight, then it got daylight out, fed the cat, made some hot pockets, played some more, then next thing I know it's getting dark and it's like "There's no wa...holy shit, it's already 6 at night... Wat da fuuuuck?" :D

Attachments

• HNI_0040.JPG
    HNI_0040.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 297
  • HNI_0041.JPG
    HNI_0041.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 262

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so it wasn't a FULL 31 hours, there were some internet breaks to reference some things about the game here and there and check my messages, but it's still a pretty damn long time! Not sure when I started last night, just remember playin past midnight, then it got daylight out, fed the cat, made some hot pockets, played some more, then next thing I know it's getting dark and it's like "There's no wa...holy shit, it's already 6 at night... Wat da fuuuuck?" :D

Oh well that's a damn long period of gaming still :D

Reactions: GamerzHell9137

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of a time when I put a huge amount of time into one game in one session. When Dark Souls 2 came out I would put like...9 hours into it each day, got on as soon as I got home from work and played till like midnight back then. That was fun.

But I think the longest session of playing multiple games was like...18 hours long I think? An ex of mine was sick, so I went over to her place and we just sat around and gamed for hoooooooours. We played like...Borderlands, Worms World Party, Twisted Metal: Black, she watched me play through a huge chunk of Dragon Age Origins, and watched me play through Mirror's Edge. Probably my favorite gaming session memory really :unsure:

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
24hs League Of Legends Marathon, I was in the higher ranks of Ranked Solo Q so I decided to try to get to number 1 in NA Servers, 20 matches 18 wins 2 losses, reached second spot, below TSM ADC WildTurtle, great day gaming, after that I took a rest of MOBA for a week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte