how much faster is loading off a usb drive then loading back ups at 3x

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by john_smarty, Mar 31, 2009.

1. john_smarty
    OP

Newcomer john_smarty Advanced Member

United States
    just wondering i have saw amazing improvements in call of duty world at war. share your thoughts !!

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    When your HDD is fast enough it runs faster than 6x, in both important factors pure reading speed and access time(delay until the reading actually starts). I don't know how fast it is now, but the usb2.0 cIOS i saw wasn't running at full speed. Theoretically you should be able to get 40-50 MB/s while 6x dvd reading = ~ 8MB/s.

3. sgwiiboy

Member sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You can't even compare the two IMHO. I have been playing Rune Factory and Tales of Symphonia recently and having now played them via USB I don't think I will go back to discs. All the cutscenes work, no sound skipping and no dropped frames. The loader is the mutts nuts.

4. shadowmanr6

Newcomer shadowmanr6 Advanced Member

United States
    only game i've been able to play so far was ghost squad, game was much more snappier response and moved alot faster, felt like someone had put it on fast forward slightly with the speed increase, and i was reading off a flash drive...

5. john_smarty
    OP

United States
    thats awesome [​IMG]

6. john_smarty
    OP

United States
    thats awesome [​IMG]

7. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You may know about the problems with NFS: Undercover. Even the original was sometimes too slow to read the race track if you have a fats car. The game stopped and you saw how the buildings built up. With a copy at 3x speed it was even worse. I played it over USB and all tracks worked fine so far when crusin through the city with 400km/h. Then I'll take Metroid Prime 3. With a copy at 3x speed you sometimes shoot at a door to open it and then you have to wait 10-30 seconds until it opens, very bad if you are chased by enemies. Don't know how it is with an original but with USB I never had to wait at any door, they all open immediately.