How much do you think this might be worth?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it's essentially useless these days, how much do you think an unopened original version of Windows 3.1 OEM would be worth to an enthusiast?

From what we can see through the shrink wrap, it appears to contain the five 3.5 disks, the manual, a smaller booklet next to the disks and a Certificate of Authenticity on the backside . All still in its original shrink wrap. On the front, it even has its original price tag of $79.95 still on it.

We only thought it might have value because it IS still in its original packaging. That seems to be the kind of things collectors look for.

So.......is it worth anything? How much do you guys think we might be able to get for it?

I can provide pics of the package if anyone cares.

The date on the Certificate of Authenticity says 1-20-1994.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just looked around on E-Bay and they're going for like $10.

Oh well, thought I had something there. Guess not.
unsure.gif

Hmm.....how about an Action Replay V5 cart for the old C64? I have one of those too. Would that be worth something?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I found some of those when my mom used to work in a school here in the Philippines. :/ I'd probably find a lot of them in flea markets here too. 3.1 and 3.11 for workgroups...
laugh.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Rayder, keep them if they want to buy 'em cheap, they WILL have more value in future. and If you find right people, the real sick ones, they'll pay much more than 10$ (joke!), but you have to search more.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only asked because my brother insisted. Personally, I figured it was about worthless. I mean, who actually still has a PC running that is so weak it needs Windows 3.1?

Also, I goofed on the name of that C64 cart......it's Super Snapshot v5 (my bro says it has the extra 8k of RAM in it too....whatever good that is), not Action Replay. I figure that cart may actually have some value, more than some ancient Windows disks anyway. But still not worth any kind of insane amount my bro might be imagining.

My brother is a pack-rat, we have all kinds of useless junk cluttering up the basement. He never throws anything away. Now he's hassling me to find out if any of it is worth something.
dry.gif

If it was up to me, it would all be in the "circular file" long ago. I have no qualms whatsoever about throwing stuff away when its usefulness has ended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita