Hardware How much do you think a 4.4 3ds XL should go for?

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I was wondering, what price do you think makes sense for a 3ds XL at 4.4 firmware should go for, in Canadian dollars?

I've gone online but I see such a big disparity on what people are selling it for, so I figured I'd ask you guys before I try to list on ebay or something properly =).

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one for £60 (115cad)with 2 games so depends. EBay will take a lot for commission I'd try selling locally on Facebook etc

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just sold my old 3ds xl with no GW card but with 4.5+CFW(ninjahax)+GW loader, 8gb sd and blue card for $225 US locally.
I bought one for £60 (115cad)with 2 games so depends. EBay will take a lot for commission I'd try selling locally on Facebook etc

You guys are awesome thanks!

Someone offered me $140 CAD locally, but I felt that was low (just for the 3DS without gateway). I was thinking $160 is fair no? By the way the CAD is much lower than US right now.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I just googled the exchange that's how I got the 115. 160 sounds fair (rule of thumb is its only a deal if both parties compromise a little). I got lucky (the person I bought from doesn't know about the gateway etc). I'd tell the person you want 190 and barter down to 160-170

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You guys are awesome thanks!

Someone offered me $140 CAD locally, but I felt that was low (just for the 3DS without gateway). I was thinking $160 is fair no? By the way the CAD is much lower than US right now.

Like I mentioned I installed a dual boot cfw for games and homebrew and threw in my blue card because I have a dstwo. It's the little things that people want. You can always include MT loader for region free cart games

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Does cfw not make gateway obsolete?

Only if you don't want to play new games. The new keys are not supported by CFW as of this moment, thats why I offered a dual boot between CFW and a mt/gw launcher. I have found it is the only way to play 9.5 emunand while still having HBC

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Not many new games I want (Pokémon and mm are the only 2 at the minute) getting a gateway anyway. Thanks for the info And sorry for hijacking

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah so you suggest I actually load titles as cia files. I never even thought of that, that's brilliant!

I never actually tried to convert a .3ds to .cia I'm assuming we have a tutorial on it or something? =)

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to get your hopes down, but I don't think many people are going to pay a lot of cash for a used 3DS even if it's on a lower firmware version because anyone can downgrade their 3DS to 4.x as long as it doesn't have a firmware version higher than 9.2.

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to get your hopes down, but I don't think many people are going to pay a lot of cash for a used 3DS even if it's on a lower firmware version because anyone can downgrade their 3DS to 4.x as long as it doesn't have a firmware version higher than 9.2.

But it requires work, and I think people are averse to putting in too much effort.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
But it requires work, and I think people are averse to putting in too much effort.

Yea I have found the more you spoon feed them games, roms, features and what not the higher the price you can ask. Your market is the poorish family who wants to play a bunch of games but can't afford the games but can spring for a modded system. I have people who I have sold hacked systems to that still come to me to load a game or two because I am WAY WAY cheaper

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea I have found the more you spoon feed them games, roms, features and what not the higher the price you can ask. Your market is the poorish family who wants to play a bunch of games but can't afford the games but can spring for a modded system. I have people who I have sold hacked systems to that still come to me to load a game or two because I am WAY WAY cheaper

I found the same!

The only issue is that for me to do any of that with the 3ds I'd have to give the gateway rom, and I don't want to do that. Maybe I should put up two different ads?

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You could also tell them in private you have a special card that you can add new games too, it will cost them an extra $100 but it's totally worth it and for another $50 you will throw in a 32gb card and games

Reactions: elunesgrace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.