How much data/internet do you use on average?

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I coudnt find a thread like that.

I am sure there is many ways of finding out about your data usage.

On my main PC, according to my stats, I use about 5gb on average per day.
On my phone, I use about 400mb per day.

(3ds, wiiU, etc. I cant really tell lol. I could go into my router settings to find an accurate number, but I am ok knowing my PC and phone only :) )

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Margen67

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
On mobile, out of a 20GB data plan, I use about 12GB per month over 3 lines (it's shared).

At home, I generally use around 120GB per month. Sometimes more. Unlimited data plan.

Between constant VoIP calls, streaming Netflix, periodic updates across multiple systems (OS, app and steam updates), downloading various games, music and videos... We tend to use a lot of data.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1GB PER MONTH!? Holy shit, how do you get by lol.

I have unlimited data on my phone and its always connected to home WiFi at home of course. Even then I use about 400mb of mobile data on average per day :P
Because my data plan has only 1GB per month :P

Enough for IMs, Tapatalk, Zite, occasional IE browsing, Facebook and such :P

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use less than 1GB mobile data per month on my phone.
I guess because I use youtube on the go I use up a lot of data.

We do have 2 more computers and tablets at home that are constantly being used. I gotta find out exact data usage in my router settings :P probably going to blow my mind away.

Last edited by ,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I guess because I use youtube on the go I use up a lot of data.

We do have 2 more computers and tablets at home that are constantly being used. I gotta find out exact data usage in my router settings :P probably going to blow my mind away.

Yeah, streaming anything is going to use up a lot of bandwidth, so chance are if you don't have an unlimited plan, you probably won't stream that way.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it TV, DVD or game season? If so a lot. Would not be surprised to top a TB in a month if I went for it -- I have never had much storage though so that is usually the limiting factor. When it is not TV, game or DVD season (which does mean April through about early September) then that drops quite a bit but still up in the 100 or so gigs.

I am too cool to have a mobile phone so 0 there.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Is it TV, DVD or game season? If so a lot. Would not be surprised to top a TB in a month if I went for it -- I have never had much storage though so that is usually the limiting factor. When it is not TV, game or DVD season (which does mean April through about early September) then that drops quite a bit but still up in the 100 or so gigs.

I am too cool to have a mobile phone so 0 there.

Oh my gosh, how do you complain on snapchat, twitter, facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, & Tumblr....

are you like 4 realz.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm, maybe 200 MB a month on average on my phone 4G, I have 1 GB but I'm almost always connected to a wifi and I've set apps to only update over wifi so I never use the whole GB.
On my home wifi my router says I've used 214.25 GB in the past 30 days.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~1GB/month on mobile data, since that is actually the data cap for high speed data on my plan. I usually only listen to music stored on my phone, and only use data for messaging and reddit. Most of the time, I am somewhere that has wifi, so I don't need much.

On my desktop, it seems that I've used about ~215GB this past month, which amounts to 7GB/day. I've always downloaded a lot of shit, from entire music discographies to several seasons of anime that I planned to watch, or current anime that I am watching, as well as games. Most of the stuff that I download end up sitting somewhere in my hard drive though, as I don't have nearly as much time as I used to in order to binge watch these shows. I suppose streaming YouTube videos in 1080p also counts towards this data usage, so it's likely more of that than downloading, at least for this past month.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only thing I can go on, is the usage tracker BT used to give you (can't access anymore if you are on unlimited package). Was averaging 400GB a month according to that.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
On my phone I usually end up using about 5-6GB on average every month. I would use more, but due to the really cheap data plan I've chosen I'm limited to 1Mbit/s download speeds (no data cap though :3).

As for my desktop I usually always have it streaming/downloading something so in a month I use about 800-900GB of bandwidth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?