How much can I sell my PS Vita for?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by VinnyB, Jun 28, 2014.

1. VinnyB
    OP

VinnyB Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2010
    United States
    I have a PS Vita first edition bundle that comes with Little Deviants/4GB memory card/case/3G Vita. I also have Wipeout brand new and an 8gb memory card (also brand new) that I would also sell with it. The Vita has never been used but the package has been opened and the box has some dents because the gamestop I got it from had some problems during transit and they just opened it to make sure that the vita works (my friend works there and confirmed this). So basically a brand new vita from day one when it came out that hasn't been touched since. It has the oldest firmware as well so it can be hacked.

Where would be the best place to sell this on? Craigslist?

Also, slightly off-topic but how much would an original DS with a gateway card go for?

2. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    Best place for best price u can get would most like be EBay........i have seen various Vitas on CL but they dont go more than $150-175 maybe and thats with games and memory cards included

Also a open system is a open system most people wont accept that as "New" regardless of your story but being it has lower firmware u could get maybe $200 out of it.....

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    The problem with low firmware on the Vita is that it's currently worthless. All the hacks that exist are for PSP mode only, and those hacks depended on games that have been pulled within days of every public reveal, leaving absolutely no games accessible to use modified save data for to access these PSP mode hacks. Even if you did value them, the pros of Vita updates tend to far outweigh the benefits of the kind of half baked PSP hacking you get when compared to the ease of use and accessibility of PSP hacks on an actual PSP. When it comes to Vita hacks for Vita mode, well, they don't exist yet and there are no hacks on the horizon, so there isn't much reason to deal with maybes.

Regardless, your Vita is technically used, so yeah, probably about $175.

4. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

Name your price you've got yourself a buyer

5. BenRK

BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    I got my Vita with a 4GB memory card for $100 flat. It was a Wi-Fi model, but everyone I know who has a Vita doesn't really give a toss if their Vita is 3G or not. With the Vita TV on the way you probably couldn't sell it for much more then $150 with the game.

6. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    You can easily sell it for a lifetime of regrets.

GameWinner and Terenigma like this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Wrong mate. The exploit games are indeed pulled from the store, but they're put back after a while (generally after the next update). If you have a PS3, you can download the game on their and then transfer it to your Vita (though some of these games don't support that, for whatever reason).

There's a list, here

Regarding the OP, you might be able to get $175 for it.

8. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Ah, well, that doesn't change the fact that PSP mode is better handled on an actual PSP and that updating the Vita generally does outweigh the minor benefits of hanging out on an older firmware. Nice to know that the games don't just disappear forever at least, since not all of them are crap.

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Wouldn't the games get the exploit fixed and then re-uploaded or do they really just upload it with the exploit still intact?

10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Nope, Sony just removes the game from the store. The devs are the one's who have to find and fix the exploits, and since many of the exploitable games are kinda crap shovelware...They don't exactly get fixed. The most Sony can do is make them un-transferable from a PS3 so you can put the exploited game back on a Vita, as a majority of the games on that list can't.

11. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Just don't sell it at Gamestop. Mine was barely used and I only got $90 for that and 3 games. I would have personally sold it for around $160 or so.

12. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States

I just cried for you a little bit :cry:

13. raghavsood999

raghavsood999 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Sydney, Australia
    You can try gumtree, and sell it for $170-180 dollars AUD since it is the 1000 model of the ps vita. If it was the 2000 model of the ps vita, then i would put it on gumtree for about $200-230.00 AUD including the 4gb memory card. Since you have used it i would cut down price by $30-40 AUD maybe?
    Gumtree is free ebay is not. For every listing you'll pay half fees of what your sell price is. So ebay is bad. Gumtree is best.