Hardware How much can I sell a broken PS3 Slim for?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Last year, my 120GB Model PS3 Slim was bricked by the 3.56a firmware update. Since there doesn't seem to be a fix for it any time soon, I was thinking about selling it purely for repair parts. How much do you suppose I can get for it in this case? Everything about the system works, except it won't be coming with an HDD.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i think that there is a downgrade tool or something for ps3 maybe i am wrong but someone with more knowledge on the subject may answer to you. i would say about 120usd 60 for the hdd and 60 for the blue ray driver o

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
sell it on ebay for 100$, im sure someone will buy it because of the new method of Blu-ray remarrying today.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of selling on ebay too, except I don't really know how to ship stuff (It's lame I know, but I've never gone through the whole process before :P ). Like I said though, it won't be coming with the hdd. Just the PS3 with everything else intact. Even if there is a way to downgrade the 3.56, would it even work if the PS3 can only get as far as the recovery menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1