How much can I sell a broken PS3 Slim for?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ChaosBoi, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Last year, my 120GB Model PS3 Slim was bricked by the 3.56a firmware update. Since there doesn't seem to be a fix for it any time soon, I was thinking about selling it purely for repair parts. How much do you suppose I can get for it in this case? Everything about the system works, except it won't be coming with an HDD.

2. dragonmaster

dragonmaster THE WALKER

Sep 9, 2005
    Greece
    i think that there is a downgrade tool or something for ps3 maybe i am wrong but someone with more knowledge on the subject may answer to you. i would say about 120usd 60 for the hdd and 60 for the blue ray driver o

3. akari212

akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2010
    Tokyo
    sell it on ebay for 100$, im sure someone will buy it because of the new method of Blu-ray remarrying today.

4. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    I was thinking of selling on ebay too, except I don't really know how to ship stuff (It's lame I know, but I've never gone through the whole process before :P ). Like I said though, it won't be coming with the hdd. Just the PS3 with everything else intact. Even if there is a way to downgrade the 3.56, would it even work if the PS3 can only get as far as the recovery menu?