how many song can fit on the original xbox

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
sombody told me they where ripped to 128kbps so it would be like 1mb per min of audio

is this true so on my 10gb xbox i could fit like just under 1000mins

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends if the xbox is modded or not, been a long time but i think i remember the xbox only had access to 8 gigs of its hdd on a stock model

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The MS Dash has access to 4.881,63 MB of space on the E drive, which is used for saving games/DLC/XBLive related stuff and ripped music.

Iirc 1 song is about 3.5 MB (standard song) when ripped from the stock MS dash. so you can fit easily 4000 minutes of music onto it

Reactions: 1 person

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
depends if the xbox is modded or not, been a long time but i think i remember the xbox only had access to 8 gigs of its hdd on a stock model

my xbox is not modded but i think im going to do a hdd swap mod on it sometime this week and chuck a 80gb hdd in it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll have to mod it.
Either soft or hardmod will suffice.

The stock MS dash CANNOT access more then 8GB.
Besides your BIOS would instantly reject the HDD with Error 05 since it doesn't contain the HDD key.

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You'll have to mod it.
Either soft or hardmod will suffice.

The stock MS dash CANNOT access more then 8GB.
Besides your BIOS would instantly reject the HDD with Error 05 since it doesn't contain the HDD key.

im going to do this

http://codytaylor.org/2009/09/hot-swap-xbox-mod.html

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Be careful with hotswapping as it can kill your HDD VERY easily.

I'd still recommend a modchip or a exploitable game + hacked save (you can mod a USB port to your Xbox and use a old USB pendrive to transfer a save to it via Action replay software)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put something like 20 discs worth of songs on mine and the "free blocks" never did drop below the original number (50,000+ or something like that). I also have a lot of really big saves on there, tons of KotOR and KotOR 2 saves, which were very large for the day. I really don't know how, in general usage, you would ever fill the thing, even if only 8gigs were available.

If you're modding, though, it's probably best to just ftp over MP3s and play them in XBMC or something. Way less annoying than ripping disc after disc. Only reason to rip is if you need them for a game with support for custom soundtracks.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're modding, though, it's probably best to just ftp over MP3s and play them in XBMC or something. Way less annoying than ripping disc after disc. Only reason to rip is if you need them for a game with support for custom soundtracks.

Exactly that!

It's a pain the bum to rename every track.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.