How many Ps Vitas with 1 psn account?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by RitchieRitchie, May 19, 2016.

1. RitchieRitchie
    OP

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Apologies if this has been asked before but if I have 1 psn account and buy a digital game (Tearaway for example) how many ps vita consoles can I download it on at the same time?

Appreciate any help!

2. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    As many as you want.

If you link your Vitas, that's another case; only up to three Vitas can be linked at a time, as far as I'm aware.

3. grafate

grafate GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    You can double the accounts that Sony imposes. So I think for activating game media on vita it's 2. So by the rule you can double it and have 4 vitas on 1 account. You have to think out of the box to double up but it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out if you are familiar with Sony products

4. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    This is interesting - let's pretend that I'm not familiar with Sony products and I'm lucky to find the box never mind think outside of it - can you give any hints/

cheers

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I think it's two or three Vitas you can have activated on your account. You can add as many Vitas to your account as you want, but if you activate more than 2 or 3, the other Vitas will be deactivated automatically.

6. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks for replying - if one vita is deactivated does that mean it won't play any of the games already downloaded onto the memory card?

7. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    You can still play offline, but not online.

8. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    If it's deactivated it won't play them.

9. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks for taking he ttime bot of you to reply, I'll do some more checking. Basically I have a vita and I have two boys so I was thinking that if we all had vitas and could play with my bought games then it would be quite a good surprise for them!

10. Duo8

Jul 16, 2013
    If you don't mind having one disconnected from internet forever, you can register one, disconnect it, use the webpage do deactivate that one, then register the other two.
    You can only do the remote deactivation once every 6 months.

11. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Just checked, don't know why i hadn't noticed this before, but any games can be put on 3 activated consoles - can't play online together but that still works for me. Luckily Minecraft (which my kids are crazy for!) has ad hoc.

12. Duo8

Jul 16, 2013
    Strange. I remembed it was 2 for games and 3 (or 5?) for media.