Gaming How many pokemon games have your beaten or played? [POLL]

How many Pokemon Games have you beaten/played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully Pokemon shows up on Switch within the next year. I'm curious to see how many pokemon games have you played or completed? The criteria used as beating the game will be beating the elite four and/or finishing the after game. feel free to post your pokemon journey as I have.

Personally I have beat all of them. Blue/Yellow/Red as a kid in 1998 along with Japanese gold, USA silver and crystal around 2000. Then jumping to XY to White/Black then Black/White2 to Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby to Platinum/Pearl/Diamond to HeartGold/SoulSilver all in 2013 to ORuby/ASapphire to Sun/Moon and Usun/Umoon.

In my opinion Sun Moon series is the worst and Ultra versions really messed it up even more. Followed by the Sinnoh region, those games had aweful loading times and really bad input delays.

D

Deleted User

i've beaten all of them, save for ultra sun & moon, but they still count as the same as sun/moon. i will forever agree that they're the worst generation

counting spinoff games? only the mystery dungeon games, but not gates to infinity

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've beaten all of them, save for ultra sun & moon, but they still count as the same as sun/moon. i will forever agree that they're the worst generation

counting spinoff games? only the mystery dungeon games, but not gates to infinity
28 - basically everything main series except Ultra Moon plus Green in japanese. Will follow up on it soon.

Sun and moon were obviously ports of the switch version, I can tell by how blurry the character models are in the cutscenes doing a comparison going from xy-oras to usum.

Jap green is the same as blue... But that awesome.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I... don't honestly know what should I put on the poll.
Speaking of the mainline Pokémon games I've played every single one of them, from Pokémon Red to Pokémon Ultra Moon (Including Pocket Monsters Midori), and I beated them all until Pokémon Black, when Pokémon Black and White 2 came out I stopped caring and liking Pokémon... until Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came out and I beated them :P (So basically, I played them all and the only ones that I didn't bother to finish was Black and White 2, X and Y, Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon)

If we're talking about spin-off games (do you count them as valid titles in the poll?), I've played Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 (and the Japanese exclusive stadium too), I've played and beated Pokémon Snap, I've played countless hours on both Pokémon Pinball titles, I've played Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue rescue Team (and I almost finished it, I was at the last Rayquaza fight and I deleted my savefile due to a brainfart thinking I was trying to load my save...) but I never tried any of the later Mystery Dungeon titles, they simply not appeal to me at all.
Also I played Pokémon Link! (or Pokémon Trozei! as you american folks say) and I played and beated Pokémon Dash, Colosseum, XD, Rumble and Battle Revolution (which I still play to this very day, I just wish it had some sort of story mode like Colosseum/XD)

Darkshadow1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I have beaten all the Pokemon games except Sun/Moon and UltraSun/UltraMoon as well as Pokemon X and Y. The reason I did not beat X or Y is because Once I had enough free time, Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire was released. Pokemon Omega Ruby along with the old Pokemon games are my favorite.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellow
Silver
Ruby
Emerald
FireRed
LeafGreen
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold
SoulSilver
White
Black 2
White 2
X
Y
Omega Ruby
Alpha Sapphire
Sun
Moon
Ultra Sun
Ultra Moon
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
Pokemon Puzzle League on N64
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Pokemon Dream Radar

I listed them all for help in counting. So that's 29 in total, 22 main series games beaten.

Played? Add Battle Revolution, Stadium 2, Red, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for GBC, Hey You Pikachu. 34 in total (23 main series games played) but I excluded games I barely played. For example, Black, Blue, but I own them so one day. The number would balloon if playthroughs are considered, because I beat Ruby, Emerald a few times, SoulSilver a few times, Gen 6 games around 6 times, Gen 7, maybe 8. Playthrough amounts don't indicate how much I love the games, with RNGing, ROMHacks, it increases the value of some games, especially Gen 6 and 7.

Last edited by RustInPeace,

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Beaten and played almost everything that's been released expect Trozei and Picross. really looking forward to switch games, after US/UM, i'm just excited how much will they fu it up

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
All in all, I count 19 games beaten.

At least one game from each main series generation, along with most of the remakes, the original Pokemon Ranger (did get pretty far on the second one but haven't beaten it), Pokemon TCG, Colosseum and XD.

I may or may not have beat Emerald and Diamond which would bring my total to 21.
Platinum I started and got pretty far in but I don't think I finished it, same with Fire Red.

Beaten:
Blue, Yellow, TCG
Gold, Silver, Crystal
Ruby, Sapphire
Pearl
Soul Silver
Black, White 2 (or the other way around, not sure)
Y
Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
Moon
Colosseum
XD
Pokemon Ranger

If I count the ones I played but not beat, I would add Green, TCG2, Diamond, Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, Platinum, Ultra Sun, Stadium, Stadium 2, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokken Tournament and 2 of the Mystery Dungeon games bringing my total to 33. I may have missed some on that list.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I've done at least one game in every pair / triplet of the core games

Gen 1:

Red
Yellow

Gen 2:
Gold
Silver
Crystal

Gen 3:
Ruby
Leaf Green

Gen 4:
Diamond
Heart Gold

Gen 5:
White
Black 2

Gen 6:
Y
Omega Ruby

Gen 7:
Moon
Sun
Ultra Sun

The only spin off game I've finished is the original Trading Card Game on the GameBoy. After I finish up a few things on Crystal i'm thinking of playing Emerald.

My living Pokedex exists in Gen 6, I also have a livingdex of all the new Pokemon introduced in Gen 7.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellow
Silver
Ruby
Emerald
FireRed
LeafGreen
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold
SoulSilver
White
Black 2
White 2
X
Y
Omega Ruby
Alpha Sapphire
Sun
Moon
Ultra Sun
Ultra Moon
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
Pokemon Puzzle League on N64
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Pokemon Dream Radar

I listed them all for help in counting. So that's 29 in total, 22 main series games beaten.

Played? Add Battle Revolution, Stadium 2, Red, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for GBC, Hey You Pikachu. 34 in total (23 main series games played) but I excluded games I barely played. For example, Black, Blue, but I own them so one day. The number would balloon if playthroughs are considered, because I beat Ruby, Emerald a few times, SoulSilver a few times, Gen 6 games around 6 times, Gen 7, maybe 8. Playthrough amounts don't indicate how much I love the games, with RNGing, ROMHacks, it increases the value of some games, especially Gen 6 and 7.

Impressive. But I'm not counting spin-offs, there are too many. Pokemon Ranger was fun and was the only way to get manaphy for awhile and my pokemon ranch was one of the only ways to get mew for awhile. They should do pokemon bank like my pokemon ranch again

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of them except black and white games. Did i miss anything?

The black white games IMO are the best ones since redbkue goldsilver. It introduced 150 new pokemon while hardly revisiting Pokémon from the gens before it. It also didn't have any lag time with the inputs and battle animations in comparison to DPP and hgss and was very quick. The music for it is one of the better ones too

DuliaDarling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've heard a lot about how Ulra really messed up thr pokemon scene. I have yet to play it, so anyone mind telling me why it's so hated on?

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've heard a lot about how Ulra really messed up thr pokemon scene. I have yet to play it, so anyone mind telling me why it's so hated on?

ultra ruins the story canon with the wormoles. blackwhite2 was a whole different story than blackwhite but ultra didn't add anything good and butchered the alolan music and game in 2versions again. ultra was just a cash grab

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've completed:
1) Red
2) Blue
3) Yellow
4) Gold
5) Silver
6) Crystal
7) FireRed
8) LeafGreen
9) Ruby
10) Sapphire
11) Emerald
12) Diamond
13) Pearl
14) Platinum
15) Black
16) White
17) Black 2
18) White 2
19) X
20) Y
21) Omega Ruby
22) Alpha Sapphire
23) Sun
24) Moon
25) Pokemon Red Rescue Team
26) Pokemon Blue Rescue Team
27) Pokemon Rescue Team Explorers of Time
28) Pokemon Rescue Team Explorers of Sky
29) Pokemon Trozei
30) Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Pinball
31) Pokemon Coloseum
32) Pokemon Colosseum Gale of Darkness XD
33) Pokemon Channel
34) Pokemon Ranger
35) Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
36) Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Sings

Probably more I'm forgetting, but this post is getting kind of long as it is.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over