Hacking How many people with N3DS"s are still waiting for Gateway, or have you moved on?

How many people with N3DS"s are still waiting for Gateway, or have you moved on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that it is real. I don't know that every member of the team is the same, but I'm fairly certain some of them are.

As long as there are some members that were key to developing the DSTWO then I have very high hopes for a great card from them. I will probably order one the minute they go on sale, I really love my DSTWO, Really sad they are out of production as I wanted a backup but hopefully the DSTWO+ will have DS capabilities just like the DSTWO and il be really happy. I really think the first team to release a hybrid 3ds/ds card is going to have a leg up on the other teams.

I'm glad to hear it's real as the Rumors of it being bs was kinda getting me down as I really want a DSTWO/DSTWO+ as a backup for my original DSTWO.

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it interesting DSTwo cards are discontinued. They decided to stop making money for awhile just to make it less confusing for the consumer when the new card comes out.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*overacting*
NO! You....simplydon'tunderstand......HOW can I .......make you understand the need, the.....thirst....the UNFILLABLE VOID that gateway threads exist only to quench.
There simply MUST be....a Gateway thread for without such how would we...how Could we know that the promised update has......not arrived?
There-must-be-a...... landing pad for the information; Some place for us to look and say "This is where we would keep our precious Gateway Update
if only we had one.

JFHsnGJ.jpg

I think you're my favorite person in existence.

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's really weird is they haven't released any info in such a long time. Makes you wonder whether they are actually waiting for Gateway to release their N3DS support so they could rip it off them?

If they really had their own thing going on, nothing should be stopping them to release it or at least provide some info given it's the perfect chance for them to cut into Gateway's market share.

That is a pretty good assurance, but I still have my doubts.

SuperCard wouldn't of stopped production on the best DS flashcard if they didn't have something around the corner. I'm guessing they are just waiting for resellers to sell their old stock but since they have jacked all their prices that might take awhile. Personally I think the DSTWO+ is on their wy to resellers as we speak if they haven't got them already.

I just don't see SuperCard stopping DSTWO production unless the DSTWO+ started going into production. These teams like money and the DSTWO was a good selling DS card and by fart the best DS Card on the market.

It's hard to say. I just really want Gateway to have some real competition. Maybe DSTwo+ will be expensive too but fuck it at least we all win if competition is fierce.

Everyone on gbatemp should want competition, it creates innovation where if there was no competition why should gateway work hard on releasing updates if they are the only good 3ds flashcard. If DSTWO is released and has good capabilities then gateway would be forced to work harder and release updates in a timely manner or risk losing the lead in 3DS Flashcard sales.

Problem is many here only want gateway to succed and fk the competition, imo everyone who has 3ds flashcard should have atleast a second backup card like sky3ds or dstwo+ when it releases for when teams like gateway fall way behind the competition which they have with the n3ds update bs.

Reactions: AkiraCast

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We still don't know if the DSTWO+ is even going to support the new 3ds though.

Sure it will, what would be the reason to stop DSTWO production? They are releasing a new DS only flashcart when their current one light years ahead of the competition. IMO there is no room for improvment for a new dstwo DS flashcard, the only thing that could be fixed is the battery drain issue on the 3DS which imo is not a big enough problem for Supercardto redesign the card just to fix that when the DSTWO was selling fine and was considered the best DS flashcard.

I think the DSTWO+ will be more like the SKY3DS then a gateway, I think they are going to to try to emulate retail cart like sky3ds and probably won't have emunand, all speculation on my part but the average gamer doesn't care about emunand/homebrew/ect... The average user wants plug and play, if they found out how to drag and drop roms into then sd card without the need of a disk writer tool and have a menu to select roms plus DS support in one card then I think this card may outsell gateway.

The average gamer doesn't want to fool around with the system, potentially bricking the 3ds.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the DStwo+ will be more like GW than Sky (ie exploit-based) judging by its feature list. Namely emuNAND, CIA installs, 3DS slow motion,.. all things a simple cart emulator would be unable to accomplish.

In fact, it seems like the card itself likely won't be a whole lot more than the current DStwo since in order to play DS roms, it will need to emulate one. My guess is the DStwo plus is a simple revision of the DStwo that just has some hardware in there that allows software to distinguish it from the old DStwo, meaning you gave them more money to develop the new features. The old DStwo should theoretically be able to do everything that's on the DStwo+ feature list, since like the GW, the card isn't really the important part of the whole setup.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Confirm? Could you tell us something about it other than the fact that it's real, I mean something meaningful ;)

Knowing that it's real is Very meaningful especially since te Rumors were that it was fake. SuperCard releases nothing but great flashcarts that change the game for that platform.

DSONE Change the game, DSTWO killed the competition and soon will do the same on 3DS. Only cheap/really can't afford flashcard owners didn't purchase a DSTWO before the 3DS was released

Reactions: Margen67

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Works for me!

But even if the card functioned like Sky that doesn't mean it will he the same! Look at the KARL project, they "managed" to get kernel access via cubic ninja and they'll probably make a legit CFW out of it. I mean if let's say Sky or the DSTWO + team manages to make a CFW with emunand that loads cia files they can have my money all day everyday. Until then I'm stuck with the best and only option that works for me.

P.S. I'm hoping the card doesn't drain battery like the last one did.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sure it will, what would be the reason to stop DSTWO production? They are releasing a new DS only flashcart when their current one light years ahead of the competition. IMO there is no room for improvment for a new dstwo DS flashcard, the only thing that could be fixed is the battery drain issue on the 3DS which imo is not a big enough problem for Supercardto redesign the card just to fix that when the DSTWO was selling fine and was considered the best DS flashcard.

I think the DSTWO+ will be more like the SKY3DS then a gateway, I think they are going to to try to emulate retail cart like sky3ds and probably won't have emunand, all speculation on my part but the average gamer doesn't care about emunand/homebrew/ect... The average user wants plug and play, if they found out how to drag and drop roms into then sd card without the need of a disk writer tool and have a menu to select roms plus DS support in one card then I think this card may outsell gateway.

The average gamer doesn't want to fool around with the system, potentially bricking the 3ds.
kind of goes against their logic with the DSTWO....the whole idea behind that was that people love homebrew etc that they would be willing to pay alot more and put up with battery drain so they could have better homebrew capabilities.........if they went with a sky3ds copy hey pretty much shift their entire opinion of thier own usrrbase from "loves madding/hacking", to "doesn't like scary features"

I'm pretty sure the DStwo+ will be more like GW than Sky (ie exploit-based) judging by its feature list. Namely emuNAND, CIA installs, 3DS slow motion,.. all things a simple cart emulator would be unable to accomplish.

In fact, it seems like the card itself likely won't be a whole lot more than the current DStwo since in order to play DS roms, it will need to emulate one. My guess is the DStwo plus is a simple revision of the DStwo that just has some hardware in there that allows software to distinguish it from the old DStwo, meaning you gave them more money to develop the new features. The old DStwo should theoretically be able to do everything that's on the DStwo+ feature list, since like the GW, the card isn't really the important part of the whole setup.
but on the other hand the feature list that has been floating around was confirmed to be bogus

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but on the other hand the feature list that has been floating around was confirmed to be bogus

The only thing I have doubts about is 3DS slowmo. Everything else should be completely possible. Whether or not we'll get it is another question

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The only thing I have doubts about is 3DS slowmo. Everything else should be completely possible. Whether or not we'll get it is another question
well as a bogus feature list it had 9.3 (or 4 whatever was the latest at the time), which unless they are finding their own new exploits, seems unlikely, when combined with all the emunand homebrew, slowmo bs.....plus the closest we had to any official info was a dev on their forums saying 4.x only, then backtracking and saying upto 9.2 when gateway released ultra....so its pretty much certain they will be going the gateway route with system exploits rather than sky3ds style with cart emulation.......unless ofc they go both ways and allow the user to switch between functions, which would also give them everything they need for n3DS support

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we can assume there is at least one <9.3 entry point in the N3DS without needing CN, if we can believe GW anyway...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think we can assume there is at least one <9.3 entry point in the N3DS without needing CN, if we can believe GW anyway...
yeah im saying if they are piggybacking off public exploits (which their dev seemed to suggest) ....plus....im not if i believe gateway anymore :mellow:
Worldwide, I thnk there's about 10 million waiting and another 10 million who have moved on.
wow 20 million sales for the n3DS already....and that's only from the piratey minority, must be atleast 70 million in total.....guess nintendo are rolling in it atm:rolleyes:......come on gateway we have 20 million customers waiting

Reactions: tony_2018

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works for me!

But even if the card functioned like Sky that doesn't mean it will he the same! Look at the KARL project, they "managed" to get kernel access via cubic ninja and they'll probably make a legit CFW out of it. I mean if let's say Sky or the DSTWO + team manages to make a CFW with emunand that loads cia files they can have my money all day everyday. Until then I'm stuck with the best and only option that works for me.

P.S. I'm hoping the card doesn't drain battery like the last one did.
If it works like sky I belive it will be their own desgine and not a clone, imo SuperCard has the capabilities in making a better card that's even harder to detect by nintendo the sky in the future.
kind of goes against their logic with the DSTWO....the whole idea behind that was that people love homebrew etc that they would be willing to pay alot more and put up with battery drain so they could have better homebrew capabilities.........if they went with a sky3ds copy hey pretty much shift their entire opinion of thier own usrrbase from "loves madding/hacking", to "doesn't like scary features"

SuperCard has always been products that are very easy to use, not using exploits like gateway, aren't their cards essentialy emulating retail carts? The DSTWO is very easy to use, very plug and play. If adding homebrew requires a process like gateway then I think they would opt for the easier route for the average consumers. The 3DS flashcard scene is missing a plug and play device, I would never recommend a Gateway anymore for the average gamer who is not technically inclined, just to easy to update/do something to brick the console and takes way to many steps for the average gamer to setup. I am fine with how gatway works but I also have a Computer Systems Enginere degree, I could never setup a gateway for my younger cousins because they would call me every day asking how to do something and they would accidently update systemnand 100%.

The team that makes an easy plug and play flashcard for the 3ds will make all the money. How could anyone recommend a gateway over a sky3ds to the average gamer who hasn't hacked/modded a thing in ther life? Even sky3ds is to cumbersome for the average gamer that just wants the product to work and play games.

Who knows maybe they found a way to run homebrew on a emulated card, we won't know till reviews hit and it's released.

People forget the majority of the population would have no idea how to setup a gateway and all they want is a product that is easy to use and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, See, the thing with these AI-generated videos, is that they want money.