Gaming How many of you use or have used Linux at one point

Do you use/have you used Linux (Note, running it on the PS3 does not count)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a webpage or guide with all the distro's differences (and preferably screenshots too) ?
like kde/gnome/other, what's different in each desktop interface, can we change it ourself or is it bound to the OS when installing, etc.?

I only tried Knopix and ubuntu, I don't even know which base they are using.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
http://distrowatch.com/search.php should sort you quite well Cyan.

Yes, Distrowatch is awesome. It's where I usually go to check out new distros and stuff, and it's not just Linux, there are BSD Distros there too.

Just for the record, Ubuntu Netbook Remix/Edition only really works well on those puny pathetic excuses for Laptops called Netbooks.

I tried running it on a my friends old Laptop (and keep in mind, he has upgraded the ram to about 3 GB, and the hard drive to about 320GB, but he has no working OS on it, and doesn't really want to deal with Windows.) when I was installing Linux for him. Didn't run well at all, and so I opted for regular Ubuntu (Gnome) . Worked just fine, I even have his home directory setup on it's own partition, a step I advise to anyone that is going to be using Linux, since it allows you to reinstall the OS, without losing more than just your Installed Applications and your Software sources list.

All your themes, application settings, user settings, desktop settings, files, etc will be preserved so long as you use the same User Name, terminal name (2nd dialog in the user setup window in the GUI installer for most distros), and password.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."