How many of you have cheated on your pedometer coins?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by DeadlyFoez, Apr 20, 2011.

?

Did you cheat the system with date changing or other method?

1. Yes, I did.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I did not.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I just finally decided to do the date change cheat for the pedometer coins. My only justification for it is that I had already lost many coins because I had to return my 3DS 2 times and lost what I had already earned.

But I know many people are willing to cheat on it without any excuses (not as if an excuse makes it valid or invalid to cheat), but I just want to know how many other people have.

2. Palom

Member Palom Advanced Member

United States
    If it's there, exploit it! I used to walk, and on occasion I still will, but nowadays I find myself shaking the machine to the point where it counts as steps.

Oh, and I do the date change too.

3. Daizu

Member Daizu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I left my 3DS on top of my washing machine once. Didn't get many steps but it seemed like a good idea.

4. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I think about it for a minute usually straight after I finish spending my daily playcoin allowance, but then decide to just hang on. Still haven't cheated yet, and I'm about 2 hits now from finishing Street Pass Quest [​IMG] Afterwards my coins will go to Puzzle Quest only.

5. funem

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    I did. Its no big deal to me. I did it because I wanted to complete the puzzle swap and I see it highly unfair that you can spend 30 coins and the stupid program gives you the same three pieces that you already have, over and over again and no new pieces.

I have now completed six panels. When I get a piece for any of the others I will do the date cheat to get the other pieces of the panels.

6. Garro

Member Garro Pendulum of souls!

Chile
    Meh, I just carry it in my pocket while I listen to music with Moonshell, since I go to school walking I get 5000 steps a day. I have like 60 coins without using (Is not like StreetMii Plaza is any fun).

7. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't cheated the date, but I cheat by shaking. So I chose no. I been slacking on doing the quest and puzzle, been a week without buying stuff. Just gaining coins while walking my virtual dog

8. Arwen20

Member Arwen20 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't tried this feature out yet, but maybe I should. I walk around campus all day long. I imagine I could rack up some coins fairly quickly.

9. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Well if riding in a car is cheating, then yes. Intentionally? No.

10. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I decided not to cheat, because I like keeping an accurate Activity Log. Somehow I seem to be getting more out of my 3DS experience by not cheating, but that's just me. Not having flashcarts is kind of a trip too, since I actually finished a game (Rayman 3D), instead of just playing/testing games and moving on because there's too many.

11. klim28

Member klim28 Hunter4Life

Philippines
    No, I did not. I play Nintendogs+Cats GR and that date trick will mess up my game. And besides, I'm not rushing anything on my 3DS. 10 play coins are just fine.

12. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Cheated big time here.[​IMG]
    I've earned about a thousand Play Coins altogether trying to beat the Find Mii and Puzzle Swap games. I'm easily amused. [​IMG]

13. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    won't and haven't. I like my activity record clean, too...

14. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I've done it a few times. I'd say about 10,000 of my steps are a lie, the rest are from actually going out and walking (I'm at 104,227 for my total).

15. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I do a fair bit of walking at my work and I keep the 3DS in my pocket during those times.
    I make sure to reset the date between each bout of walking so that I can be credited one coin for every 100 steps I take all day and not just the first 1000 steps.

16. BloodWolfJW

Member BloodWolfJW Marotheit

United States
    Although I haven't yet changed the date, I have shaken my 3DS 3 or 4 times since I got it.

17. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    It's not hard to not cheat the pedometer. 1000 steps only takes 20 minutes or even less if you just jump on a treadmill or exercise bike. I'm not saying all of you, but some of you could probably benefit from a little exercise. Also if you cheat the coins you will eventually have nothing to spend them on since there aren't many ways to spend them anyway. I prefer simply earning 10 coins a day saving them up til I need them for something.

18. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Nope. I didn't cheat.

The reason: what the hell can you buy with those coins to begin with? It took me 10 googled pages to find that out (8 of them were about how to cheat with it). And the result (link) isn't exactly awesome.

More archery and fishing levels? Boy...I was glad to have finished them (it took me longer to reel in that bombed dragon than to actually defeat him). A clock is probably nice for those who sold their watches to affort a 3DS, but I'm not one of them. Dunno what the globe is, but still...it takes "one to a few coins a piece"? Jezus...how lazy are you if 100 steps are too much effort?

Getting a statue of Cammy would be nice (can you get a discount if you skip the bathing suit?), but still...how embarrassing is it to play a game in which you control highly athletic characters where you yourself can't even walk for 20 minutes? Or worse: that you are so addicted to a virtual shop that you must get everything NOWWWWW!!!!! ?

19. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you had read the manual that came with the 3DS you would have known within a few minutes what the coins for. Most poeple want a bunch of coins to finish the 2 games in the miiplaze, find mii and the puzzle pieces, so next time you want to criticize actually figure out what a feature is used for.

20. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I'm a PC user: I don't read manuals unless I'm stuck. [​IMG]

Fact is that I don't need it to know what I like and dislike. Nor to have an opinion about it.